Rob&Gab

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
243   0   0
2 mandarin's you say, they are hard to keep when you start a new tank my girlfriend went threw quite a few of them but now she can keep them like no tomorrow.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
i never suggest a manderin for any tank less then a year old or less then a 120g, reguardless how well they do for a month or several months, if you do not get them eating frozen food they will eventually starve out, they can clear a pod population out quickly.
so if you have elos test kits why are you going to stores and having them check your water ? when adding fish how many are you adding at a time ? if fish keep dying and you dont know why, why are you adding more ? are you fidning the dead fish or are they just missing ? how large of water change are you doing ? how are you measuring your salinity ? are you using ro/di water ? what are you topping evaporation off with ? whats the temp of the tank and how do you know the temp ?

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
I agree with the above statements. When I first started I lost a lot of fish as well because I went too quickly. My RODI machine was crap and was putting out a high TDS on my top-off/water change water. So check that. Also, with a new tank only 4-5 months old, that's a lot of fish to add at once. The BB in your tank may not of been able to keep up with the bioload. I would take a step back and just don't add any more fish. When you do, set up a little 10 or 20 g tank as a QT. Petco has the $1 per gallon sale ( i think )

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: