nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
1. DONE Thanks to a friend Need a home run put in to the tank for the electric.
2. Some finishing molding on the tank to finish putting on.
3. DONE Thanks to a friend Finish building the Stand for the chiller for outside my house.
4. DONE Thank you Chris288 A ride to LI to pick up the sump.
5. DONE Thank You Chris from Reef Fantasy Get tank to my house from the store
6. DONE Thank you Tonyscoots Re-plumb old tank so that I can get the chiller to the new house to start plumbing of new house. (just a small section of PVC)
7. DONE Thank you to a friend Catch fish in old tank and get the zoos out and bring to the store to hold for me.
8. DONE Plumb new tank
9. Transfer rock from my 180g to the 120g

Last edited:

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
mini-19.jpg

mini-20-1.jpg

mini-20.jpg

mini-21.jpg

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Nick, I'm not understanding something here. The title of this thread is "Downgrading new 120g tank build". From where I sit, it seems you might have downSIZED, but definitely not downgraded ;) . Looks great. Keep those pix coming. And now that you've got water in there, the pix will start getting better and better. Good luck with it.

swimmer

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Thanx Russ,

Its full took me 5 hours for my monster of a RO/DI to fill my 120g :) I have a lil rock in it right now and tommorrow I will bring the rest of the rock over and star the aquascaping. Right now im working on getting the salinity up to par. After the rock is in for a couple of days ill add a couple of my fish into it to see if theres any kind of cycle. I decided to go with the oceanic/Instant Ocean mix 50/50. While thats happining ill set up my lighthouse controller. And in a few weeks get all my sps back from Jim can not wait ;)

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Nick, how long was your rock out of water (if at all)? I would refrain from adding fish to see if you are experiencing a cycle. Three test kits will do that for you without stressing (and possibly killing) your fish. All you need is ammonia, nitrites and nitrates kits (which I know you know already ;) ).

R

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Russ the rock hasnt been out of water at all Had it in my 180 w/ the BK on it and now that I have my BK here I ahve the rest in the 180 still w/ 2 tunzes and a aquac remora w/ a mag7 pump on it till tommorrow so shouldnt have any spike at all really if any a tiny one

nyfireman3097

Rating - 100%
12   0   0
Ok well tanks full operating a couple of days all tests are at 0 still waters still a lil cloudy. working on the microbubble problem im having due to my skimmer. Right now in my holding tank at the store I have 6 chromis a mystery wrasse a pair of hawiian flame wrasses 3 bangii cardnials and a couple of other wrasses that I still have to pick out waitin to get me a lepoard wrasse..............
And I know Russs not all at one time lol

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Right now in my holding tank at the store I have 6 chromis a mystery wrasse a pair of hawiian flame wrasses 3 bangii cardnials and a couple of other wrasses that I still have to pick out waitin to get me a lepoard wrasse..............

Sounds like a nice collection of fish. Can't wait to see pix of those wrasses.

nyfireman3097 said:
And I know Russs not all at one time lol

36_1_12.gif

swimmer

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Nick the set-up looks great but just one question why did you go with the regular foam rather than black pond foam ? Its that one better for coraline growth ?

And those frags do look insane as well.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: