MrSalty

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hey , Im New to the Aquarium Life , I have close to 2 months running a 39 Gallon Tank, So Far no Fatalities, Currelty have 2 Clowns, 1 Sail Fin Tang, Diamond Goby , Fire Goby, Orchard Dottyback , Coral Beauty angel, and Blk/White Damsel , 1 Turbo Snail, peperming shrimp, banded Shrimp, skunk shrimp and 1 emerald Crab.

For Filtration im using the Fluval 70g Filter system , aqueon 700 Circulation Pump and 4 Assorted Live rock.

I know i might have a few things out of place but im here for help and More knowledge on Aquariums, so Every comment and Opinion will be Greatfully appreciated :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

MrSalty

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
by8uje5u.jpg

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Welcome to MR, just one thing thats not a good fit with your tank. Sailfin tang is beautiful fish. But it needs a much bigger tank. I would like to know when you bought him. Did the place ask about size of your tank. I would suggest that before you buy another fish. Do a little research on the fish you like. It's pretty easy to google it or post here or use search here. Always check and see what recommend tank size for a fish if you are not sure. Once a fish is stressed problems will come. No tangs for that size of tank. Sailfin tang is one of the bigger tangs needs at least 180 gallons. Good luck. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+378&pcatid=378

Jim

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Welcome to MR.

+1 on the sailfin tang. That tank is way to small. Also in my opinion your tank is not mature enough for the bioload that you have. Anemones need an established tank to thrive and the proper lighting. Tell us a little more about your set up. Patience is key in this hobby, I think you are taking things a little too fast which usually ends up in disaster.

MrSalty

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome to MR, just one thing thats not a good fit with your tank. Sailfin tang is beautiful fish. But it needs a much bigger tank. I would like to know when you bought him. Did the place ask about size of your tank. I would suggest that before you buy another fish. Do a little research on the fish you like. It's pretty easy to google it or post here or use search here. Always check and see what recommend tank size for a fish if you are not sure. Once a fish is stressed problems will come. No tangs for that size of tank. Sailfin tang is one of the bigger tangs needs at least 180 gallons. Good luck. http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+43+378&pcatid=378

MrSalty

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I bought him close to 2 weeks ago at a Petco, they did ask and said it was no problem as long as it was only Tang in the tank.

SteveZ15

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
60   0   0
What kind of anemone is that? I had one like that years ago in my fowlr it was fairly cheap, clowns wont host it,the stings hurt like hell and they will kill fish and spit them out..I forgot the name but it was like 10$ or something,I hope its not the one I had.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Can you tell me which Petco said it was ok for your tank. Simply the person who told you it's ok knows nothing about saltwater fish. Please if you take any advise don't buy your fish there. I see your not to far from Yonkers. Maximum Reef is one of the best place to buy fish. Please their is no stupid question here.

MrSalty

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
What kind of anemone is that? I had one like that years ago in my fowlr it was fairly cheap, clowns wont host it,the stings hurt like hell and they will kill fish and spit them out..I forgot the name but it was like 10$ or something,I hope its not the one I had.

Condylactis Anemone

MrSalty

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Can you tell me which Petco said it was ok for your tank. Simply the person who told you it's ok knows nothing about saltwater fish. Please if you take any advise don't buy your fish there. I see your not to far from Yonkers. Maximum Reef is one of the best place to buy fish. Please their is no stupid question here.

Yea Ive heard of it Before, went today and place Blew me away ... soo long Petco lol

MrSalty

Active Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
A Few updates:
Installed Edhoops protein Skimmer
Added 10lbs of Live Rock
Removed 1 Clown and in the process of removing the Damsel and Orchid Dottyback( very rarely comes out)

Thank Everyone for the Feedback

Sneak shot of My Emerald Crab

y6y9ynun.jpg

e8a5yrut.jpg

ma9amagy.jpg
y2upazap.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: