TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Just got my Hanna checker in the mail to test more easily and more Accurately for phosphates. I just did a 5 gallon water change around 3pm. Here are the test results right now.
ImageUploadedByReefs1377395712.284684.jpg

Why are they detectable?

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
We try to keep the levels .03 or less, corals tend to color up better, less nuisance algae, with .11 your going to have problems down the road. Pm me if you need a reactor to borrow

Thanks for the kind offer. It seems affordable. I was thinking about maybe getting the dual reactor from BRS. The one for GFO and Carbon. It seems like it would be the last piece of equipment I would need. They have an option to buy with a maxi-jet 1200 for $89.99. Then just need to buy the media. What's the benefit of running carbon besides water clarity?

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Carbon pulls the impurities out of the water, also keeps the water from yellowing, carbon can be run passively in the sump with no problems , it's the gfo that works best in a reactor, if you wanna get the gfo online your more than welcome to use mine till u get yours

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
That's a good idea. It would save me some money too if I just got the TLF phos reactor. I think I even saw one at Petco this way I can run there and grab it without waiting for shipping. Where do I get a "sack" do put the carbon in if I wanted to run it passively? I would assume it would go in my first chamber where my skimmer and overflow is? How much do I use? How to I measure it. I had this for a while. Any good?

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
Everytime I fill up my ATO reservoir I noticed it like 2-3 hours later it dumps like a gallon into my sump and messes up my level. I'm using the toms aqualifter pump with the float switch from autotopoff.com anyone else experience this issue?

Jaftica

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Everytime I fill up my ATO reservoir I noticed it like 2-3 hours later it dumps like a gallon into my sump and messes up my level. I'm using the toms aqualifter pump with the float switch from autotopoff.com anyone else experience this issue?

Is the airline tubing from the aqualifter pump lower than the height of your ato container ? If so it is probably creating a siphon till it drains the ato to your sump level

TommyP

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
81   0   0
It does seem to be. Even before I left for work and it always has been when I had my 55 set up, but never really ran in to this problem. Should I raise the airline tubing that goes into the sump up higher? Or raise the actual pump up higher? I did lower the airline tubing a little bit more so it doesn't drip from so high you hear it less.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: