ScubaDre

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
I got a great deal on 70G RR acrylic tank and decided to start something I have always wanted to try- A reef tank. I have been into tanks since I was a kid with my brothers and currently have a 75G African cichlid Demasoni heavy tank with the smartest Texas Cichlid in the world, Simon.

So I'm not so new to aquariums and DIY projects. My other tanks I have made all their cabinets, each getting better and better. My current 75G only needed a canopy so I made it different with a glass to and DIY LED lighting.

Now for the new build... tank, cleaned with Novus 1 2 3

I read a lot (... now realizing not enough, oh well) so I next got a great deal on some live rock (thanks aznreefer) and cured then for 6 weeks while I continued the build.

Now the stand and canopy.

Made my own 20G sump from Petco half price sale.

Combed the MR forums for any deals.... still looking

Finally setting it up.... almost 7 weeks later. Thought I would never finish

I knew apace was tight in cabinet so I put in sliding drawers and quick connect plumbing.

Over the years I have done A LOT of rock work. I change the formation of my rocks in the cichlid tank every couple of months out of boredom. I wanted an open flow so I was very careful in my stacking and wanted to maximize real estate for coral.

I saw some aiptasia after set up and freaked out, but 3 peppermint took care of that. Chomp, take that aiptasia
[/URL
That's it so far (Wife says I'm addicted already.... agreed). So far 3 Damsels.... yes, I know, Royal Gramma, and a few snails and hermits. Oh, and my only Zoa thrown in with some rock I bought. That's it ..... for now.
[URL=http://s1365.photobucket.com/user/scubadre1/media/ANDRE-PC/New%20folder/IMAG0503_zps4b12f932.jpg.html]

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: