lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
I'm going to see how "wet" things are tonight and decide how to approach it. I have a feeling the sump is leaking which is an easy fix, but what do I do with the carpet under the tank and wood flooring below that? Ideally i need to move the tank to do a proper job cleaning everything... I really don't want to start this tank over...

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Yeah pretty much. I'm thinking I can pull everything out of the sump and clear that out, then drain the tank to a few inches and move the stand and tank together. Then fill it back and run it with powerheads for as long as I need

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
So i haven't done much at all yet. Still in denial and procrastination, plus I've been busy as **** at work. **** is not doing well. I realized I haven't fed tank in a week. Cleaned the glass today and felt around the tank and it no longer feels damp. Either way, if it continues as such then maybe I'll just plan a day to remove the sump, clean everything out, and redo the plumbing. If I find any damage, I can leave the sump offline while I get plan b into motion.

Coral wise, my monti's look really bad, i dont know if they can recover, green slimer has been receding a bit, my open brain is finally succombing. Some other acros look down. There's a lot still looking well, just sucks when we get into these cycles. Will try and get my act in gear. I have to get my water tested..maybe I'll get a pack of triton test kits :)

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: