Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Oogie's tank is nice. But he's an example of what I meant... 4 or 5 pages of the drilling, plumbing, and furniture. Then the next pic is a slab of rock in the tank... what gives? Arghhh, I just find that fustrating.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
This is my tank thread :duh: :lol:
And I will have 2-3 pages on aquascaping designs and illustrations

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
well oogies LR is just one big piece in the tank.

i agree that aquascaping is important to the tanks look. But in a build log, which is what i think most try to make, they dont focus on it.

but everything else is just as important, i dunno why i'm arguing when i agree haha

get workin on ur tank!!

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Anyone heard of this skimmer?

Got it for free from a buddy.
Anyone ever heard of it?

Attachments

• IMG_3062.JPG
    IMG_3062.JPG
    66.8 KB · Views: 174
  • IMG_3063.JPG
    IMG_3063.JPG
    63.4 KB · Views: 169
  • IMG_3068.JPG
    IMG_3068.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 170
  • IMG_3069.JPG
    IMG_3069.JPG
    65 KB · Views: 171

romain

Rating - 100%
17   0   0
I know Reef Octopus is one of the biggest reefing brands in China. Some friends use it and it works just fine, but i myself don't have any experience with it. Here is a link of the product Reef Octopus BH-100, in Chinese though.
http://www.chinapet.net/shop/3146.html

It can be used for up to 300L. The cost is RMB400 ($50 approx.)

Looks like a CPR bak-pak, no?
<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Salesbig

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
Stand

Hey froggie.
I was just thinking how you can make a stand cheap. I know there is a website that lays out the exact measurements for each piece of wood and 2x4 you need
YOu can go to home depot with the list and have them cut it for you.
If you give the guy like a $10 tip he wont charge you for the cuts.
Then all you have to do is put the parts together.. and then paint it.

TimberTDI

Recovering Lurker
Rating - 100%
14   0   0
Froggie,

I'm going to build a copy of the Oceanic stand. Not sure when but soon. Let me know if you want one. Besides the tinted glass, the stand should be really cheap. Let me know if your interested.

Steven

herman

Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Salesbig said:
Hey froggie.
I was just thinking how you can make a stand cheap. I know there is a website that lays out the exact measurements for each piece of wood and 2x4 you need
YOu can go to home depot with the list and have them cut it for you.
If you give the guy like a $10 tip he wont charge you for the cuts.
Then all you have to do is put the parts together.. and then paint it.

That site would be http://www.garf.org

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
FROGGIE CONGRATS DUDE!!!! :party: moving up to bigger and better WOOT WOOT!!!...

dude u have done such a great job wit your nano tanks and was expecting to see ur next tank be a 8.2 gallon but im :) u went with the cube... i really cant wait to see this tank up and running... if you need any help nano master let me no.. ill shoot out the BX and help ya out... just let me no in advance and ill be there.....

Rating - 100%
64   0   0
here is something i just wipped up really fast to get you thinking of bigger and better... the way the stand is it gives u the option of putting a 20 gallon long inside i personally would do it this way but its only a ruff drawing...

Attachments

• tankfroggie.bmp
    425.8 KB · Views: 141

jenniebutterfly

Rating - 100%
14   0   0
if you are going to build something, why not build a nice furniture piece with display shelves on the sides. make the bottom area large enough for a 15 long or 20 long sump and work a canopy into it. could turn out really nice

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thank you everyone for your valuable input.

Romain: It does look like a CPR bakpak. I knew it wasnt top knotch stuff but...eh its free

Salesbig: Thanks for the info dude, but I'm no good at building things..lol.

Timber: I like your idea. Let me know how that turns out. Again, if you plan on getting sump, you should rethink the copy-cat Oceanic idea since its pretty narrow and will force you to make a custom sump. However, shoot me a PM or call when u start the work. I would like to see how you do it.

Tony: Thanks dude! Taking it an extra step and desiging something for me...lol That thing looks massive! lol I def. have to scale down a bit

Jenny: I'm thinking of going all out and getting something really nice (Jhale..ahem :)) but I dont want to get something too big. It has to fit through my narrow apartment hallway and wont be a too PIA when moving out. I'm not planning to stay forever in the apartment and hence my reluctance to upgrade and get something permanant.

I get really iffy when it comes to building stands and stuff for tanks weighing 350+ lbs. I thought it has to be a exact fit so that the weight is distributed evenly so there is no loopsidedness leading to breaking/cracking of the wood and/or tank. So how would it work building something larger than the tank dimension? Wouldnt that add stress to the surface stand at tthe inner area and not the outer area that should bear the weight?

Please enlighten me :)

Another thing, I want this tank to be all-inclusive. No drillying, no plumbing, everything internal....so that mean sumpless. But we'll see if I can pull this off or will I just cave in. Keep the discussing and bouncing back ideas!

P.S. Wait till you hear my ideas about aquascaping.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: