Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Well here it is.
Thanks Petco for having the sale and forcing me to upgrade.
I have some serious planning. But when this thing gets up and running,
it will blow your mind. I got some seriously sick ideas for this 33g :shhh:.

Attachments

• IMG_3052.JPG
    IMG_3052.JPG
    72.8 KB · Views: 486

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
wow. thank you Petco, never thought I'd say that ;)

go froggie, go froggie!

post what equipment you need, maybe people have some extra things laying around.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Thx everyone :hug:

First off, I think I need a stand.
My only two real options are

1) Buy the one by Oceanic
2) Pay someone to do it for me.

I don't like the idea of drilling it. So I'll work around that.
This tank wont see water for at least a few months...this will be a slow and uneventful process. However, I'm hoping to learn a lot.

471% upgrade for me :lol:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
froggie I'll help you out with your stand, I won't even charge you full price ;)

if you can't drill the tank I would get the largest hang on box filter you can find, or make one yourself. I always hated the external overflows, don't trust them on a reef tank.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
cool! Thx J...maybe I can get a Froggie engraving or something :D
I'm going to look around for quotes on the Oceanic stand.
Well, it looks like the price is $219.99...sigh

Last edited:

simike

Rating - 100%
7   0   0
House of Laughter said:
Um, INk, if I am not mistaken, Oceanic uses Tempered glass all around, so DON"T drill if that's true.

House

My 30 cube, is only tempered on the bottom, big sticker says so. i have drilled 3 holes in the back with no problem. used a dremmel

on the stand. the oceanic is good if you dont use a sump. If you use a sump you either have to get a custom(200-300) or put it outside the stand. very small about 16x17. mine is a 20 tall next to my cube, stand is storage and power.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
it can be drilled w/ no problem, just not the bottom. IMO drill it, dont waste ur time w/ overflows.

you should also check out nano-reefs.com (i'm sure u have) and search from 30g cube, check out Oogies thread, amazing 30g cube.

Savager

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Yeah, I remember the thread in reefcentral that oceanic cube is only tempered on the bottom glass and it said so on the tank with big sticker. And I've seen plenty of 30G cube tank drilled on the back and never had any problem. Drill that tank bro. And goodluck.

I am selling 20" 150W Sunpod fixture with extra bulb. It will fit nicely on your tank bro.

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
I was browsing through Nano-reef and I saw the 30g cubes tanks.
They all look so boring! No offense. :lol: Same design. Same this and that.
I think people spend soo much time on the exterior of the tank (cabinets, hood, plumbing) but the aquascaping is soooooo unoriginal.
Sorry if I offended anyone, but those 30g cubes on nano-reef.com are bland.
Maybe its just me, but I won't spend most of my day staring at my tank furniture.

drunktank

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
30g cube is pretty small, very hard to aquascape, but i was refering u to those threads for drilling info and positions. Most of the cubes on that site suck, but thats always why i said look at oogies, b/c his tank is one of the best

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Not my point Ink...lol
I'm just saying people should spend as much time aquascaping as designing their furniture. :tongue1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: