jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
So I finally got to see Jim's system this past weekend and I am very impressed. His pics really don't do much justice. His frag system is baking with 4x400w radiums and the colors are excellent. Thanks for having me by Jim. Good to see an 'old school' style system that kicks the crap out of all the new school methods :)

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Rich,
Thanks for the kind words...

Being around the system every day, I get use to how things look and I don't really know if I'm doing it well or just average. It's nice to hear how things look from someone else's point of view. :)

Jim C.

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
a picture of a millie growing in my system

Attachments

• 20160406_200425.jpg
    20160406_200425.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 364

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Have to do some pending maintenance on my system... clean some plumbing on my fishroom tank, and find out the source of some moisture coming out from under my sump. I put up a f/s thread trying to sell a few larger coral that will need to be out of the system before I do the work.

take a look for the thread

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I found out where the moisture was coming from.

My hammerhead pump's seal had began to leak :irked:.

The pump is very close to my sump, so I could not really pick up on the condition. The issue was that the slow drip or seeping was going the direction under my sump, and when that area filled - it would then weep out in more than one area. I am glad the sump was not the issue, as it is a 220 gallon food grade bin that I have had since 2003, and it is not manufactured anymore.

I am glad, that I had bought a duplicate back up pump when I set up this system.
I am also glad that I installed true union ball valves on both ends of the pump. It made the swap very easy.

new pump is on line and system is running again :)

Attachments

• IMG_2789.jpg
    IMG_2789.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 247
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: