polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
I went to the Frag Farmers Market again this year.. I set up a small tank with some frags that i grew.. I had a great time, and had a chance to talk with many people, including a bunch of folks from MR...

Attachments

• IMG_4817.jpg
    IMG_4817.jpg
    227.7 KB · Views: 387
  • IMG_4813.jpg
    IMG_4813.jpg
    183.2 KB · Views: 387

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Pat,
Thanks, but the GBR does not have seaweed like I do :)

The high end group that I bought are doing well & showing signs of new growth. Holding color, not as saturated as the sale picture - I don't have LD's, so I can't get the POP, but that's OK

The WD frag I bought from the reef shoppe at the MR frag swap over the winter is also showing nice growth and color.

Yes I will be at Gills. Are you going to be there?

Jim C.

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
That's great news, since Gill's is only 1/2 mile from my house. It be hard to miss. Sean and Jacob are really nice guys. It's really nice that they hoisting Westchester club meeting. They have a beautiful store. They also having Grand opening this weekend. Should be a lot of fun.

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
March 2019 update

Past summer, I had a issue with my 300DD display tank. One of the corner seams started to visually look white like the silicone was starting to fail. I thought it was just me looking into things too much. I kept a eye on it for a few months, but one day, the area I was keeping an eye on started to put out a bead of sweat every few seconds. HOLY CRAP !!!.

I took down the tank :(

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Not going to restart a new display tank.

I was able to isolate the sump, and keep it running with liverock, skimmer, and a few fish

I did take the opportunity to reconfigure some plumbing on the prop tank
(empty due to the issue with my display tank)

replaced a circa 2003 pan world pump that was on my MTC calcium reactor - it never failed

added a 4th pump tp my deltec skimmer now making it a AP1004.

This past week I started the refill on the prop tank with hopes to have it running so I could go to the FFM. I got it going Saturday AM -- just in time !!

I went to the FFM and picked up a few frags to get the system going again.

Hope things go well..........

Last edited:

piranhapat

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
13   0   0
Sorry to hear that Jim. This is the one bad thing about this hobby. You spend money and time. Do everything right for years. So many things that can go wrong. From equipment to power outage, and simple defect in tank. Did you lose all your coral. We're you able to save Walt Disney. Your growing system we grow coral super fast.

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
editour2,
I found many homes for the Coral. Then.... I saw it as a opportunity to work on some plumbing that was needed on the prop tank. It had been running for 9 years. I could never schedule the work - too much time and I did not have have enough time to do it all in one time period. I am back on track now :)

salpet,
I had not heard of them closing. When did that happen?

Jim C.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
editour2,
I found many homes for the Coral. Then.... I saw it as a opportunity to work on some plumbing that was needed on the prop tank. It had been running for 9 years. I could never schedule the work - too much time and I did not have have enough time to do it all in one time period. I am back on track now :)

salpet,
I had not heard of them closing. When did that happen?

Jim C.

Hey Jimmy come by and grab some frags whenever you are ready. Glad you go the tank back and ready. Also smart move on doing this peace meal man.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: