polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Here is a little update

It has been six months since my last one.
This year, I did change salt from IO to IO reef crystals, and I changed over my lighting from reeflux 20k's (seen in Aprils video), to radium 20k's in this video. The tank looks a bit more blue in general when looking at it. I don't think my camera liked the new lights as it looks over saturated to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxoQqYUOUFs

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Looks great Jim. I love the dimensions of this tank, and it looks so nice in the room.
What ballasts are you running the radiums on? Never ran 20k reeflux, what do you think of them compared to the radium?

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Rich,
I am running them on coralvue 400 watt electronic ballasts
the 20k reeflux are a bit more visually white as compared to the radiums. I have noticed that the radiums make the coral look a bit more colorful to the eye.

Jim C.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I used to run cv 400w ballasts back in the day. These fired the reeflux 10k + 12k awesome. It gave that weird spectrum which made blue SPS look almost artificial. Hard to explain unless it was seen in person. Seeing these bulbs over Tony acropora's 450g system made me get them. I will say that when I tried the radiums on this ballast they ran overly blue. I run a radium on a 400w lumatek 400w SL setting and the radium is much more white.

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Rich,
By Tony, do you mean Tony who owns reef exotics?
Had that beautiful tank in his house. I got some real nice frags from him over the years when he hat that tank up and running....

If so - he was the one who got me to switch to reeflux as well...

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Yep Tony Reef Exotics. I miss not having him in the hobby :) I always looked forward to seeing that tank.

Bring back memories? :)

This was my favorite coral in his tank. I actually have a piece growing in my tank that I got from MGNY before the hurricane. If I ever see you at a swap or something I'll give you a piece.

polywise

OLD SCHOOL-ish
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
coral in question is in center of my tank picture
yellow/orange ish and red

Attachments

• DSC_0511.jpg
    DSC_0511.jpg
    238.2 KB · Views: 425
  • IMG_4686.jpg
    IMG_4686.jpg
    164 KB · Views: 424

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: