Tonyscoots84's 120 gallon tank upgrade

Tonyscoots84

REEF ON!
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Ok so the upgrade is coming and picking up the tank this weekend. I will be using the same stand and all equipment that is in my 80 gallon rimless.

Equipment list

8 bulb ati sunpower fixture
Eheim 1262
Skimz dc skimmer
Apex controller
2 vortech mp40's with battery backup
Vio 300 w titanium heater
Phosban reactor
Carbon reactor
Tunze ato

1st and foremost the most important thing i picked up yesterday before the news was broken to the wifey

and the fun starts here :eek: :beer:

Last edited:

Pseudo

OG Member
Rating - 100%
185   0   0
LMAO.. You are so nuts. I told you before you did the 80g to go bigger!! "No the 80 is perfect!!"

So how long is this one going to tank?

Tonyscoots84

REEF ON!
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
inevo i do love it but i need upwards space for sps growth. With all the rock i have in this tank i need to have a higher tank.

exotic reefs i got a 1 year old used 120 g reef ready tank from a buddy :)

kingator

Rating - 100%
157   0   0
this tank thread is boring tone ....NO abuse yet from the fellas lmfao j/k GLW BUILD ..are u changing and equip? or keeping the same ?

Tonyscoots84

REEF ON!
Rating - 100%
64   0   0
Well pretty much rich its the same as any transfer. Im going to place all frags in one rubbermade with a heater and powerheard. Then take all rocks out, place that in another rubbermade with a heater and powerhead. Siphon water out move tank out of the way place new tank in the same spot. Before i do im gonna move the stand to look at my hardwood floor underneath. start and finish plumbing. Add sand and water. Let it run for a bit place rocks in. After that corals then fish ;)

King all equipment is the same except im changing my heater out for a vio titanium

lnevo

Rating - 100%
106   0   0
Are you planning a leak test? This is a used tank yes? Just thinking before you start pulling everything that there's no issues. Should be a fun weekend for you. Good luck!!

kres1024

SPS KING
Rating - 99.5%
204   1   0
Well pretty much rich its the same as any transfer. Im going to place all frags in one rubbermade with a heater and powerheard. Then take all rocks out, place that in another rubbermade with a heater and powerhead. Siphon water out move tank out of the way place new tank in the same spot. Before i do im gonna move the stand to look at my hardwood floor underneath. start and finish plumbing. Add sand and water. Let it run for a bit place rocks in. After that corals then fish ;)

King all equipment is the same except im changing my heater out for a vio titanium
That exactly what I'm gonna try and do..word being try...lol

Featured Sponsors