cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
So I just got my new apartment. Its actually a 5,000 sq ft house I will be sharing and the roomates have expressed interest in me sponsoring a big tank. The basement is finished with a bar, tv area, pool table and soon to be tank. So once I actually move in I will start working on making this become a reality. I am looking for suggestions on what dimension tank to go with. I won't have specifics of what area I am working with for another week or so but I am thinking probably up to 5ft will hopefully be ok. Open to idea/suggestions/sales if anyone has any input. As you can tell I am pretty excited.

Here are some teasers (sorry none of the basement):

00j0j_fH6gxgOlXgU_600x450.jpg

00B0B_fSZCq5EzB2X_600x450.jpg

01414_96qF6yldBOK_600x450.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Thanks guys its in Gowanus. I will move next weekend. The house and housemates are pretty incredible. I was almost scared going in thinking I might never come out. I have the master bedroom with huge walk in closet and private bathroom with both standup shower and tub shower (true reefers dream). Nobody can complain about my rodi :)

Master tour:

00r0r_kHsbBl4Nuw7_600x450.jpg

00A0A_cMzuhsZPiTn_600x450.jpg

00303_6CHRLfxIG6Q_600x450.jpg

00P0P_1nTOHz6XEG8_600x450.jpg

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok I am thinking about the following tank choices for my bedroom and could use some help deciding:

#1 - Another rack build 2x CustomKing AIO
20x20x14 on top w/ 17x17x14 on bottom

#2 - 40 breeder

#3 - 57rr Deep Blue rimless

#4 - 60g starphire cube

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
I haven't even shown pics of the basement when I move in I will get some I am definitely planning 100+. The above three options were for my bedroom. Don't want to put too much weight on the floor being that its an old house and right above the kitchen.

Sharkbait420

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
The place looks great. I am not a fan of the rack idea, I think you should do one larger tank.
A pond will look great in your yard outdoor area.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Ok so I found a new tank:

Rimless RR 60g starphire cube
Custom King sump
SWC 160 skimmer
BRS dual reactor
Current Sundial 250w DE MH + 64w PC Actinic Pendant
1/3hp chiller
ACIII Pro controller
Tunze 3155 ATO

Just need to find a return pump, some heaters and circulation pumps (any recommendations).

11495768664_7d0963036c_b.jpg

BTW: This is for my bedroom will work with the roommates on what can go in the basement.

Last edited:

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
come on!
start that tank thread already !!

Hmmm,

Sorry thought I was in the right place.

Anyways I am in NJ right now I had to orchestrate getting all this stuff remotely. Luckily I have made some good friends on here (including Duromega unless he keeps it up!) and had help picking everything up. I couldn't have made it happen without this! Big thanks to John and Cosmo and all the renegades I reached out to...

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Bump, need some recommendations on what return pump to get and what to do for circulation. Is anyone running two wp's and how does that work out? I already have an extra wp25 or I could order two wp10's.

V.Shaq

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Congrats on the new place... Looks Awesome. Not much experience with wp series power heads. Before you put the tank in the bedroom make sure the floor is sturdy had a friend who was in a brown stone he put a 55 gallon tank in his bedroom and the floor started to bow he had to get rid of it because he had not access to the basement. Better to be safe than sorry. Also for the basement tank I agree with the rest on this thread if you have the space go big really BIG 200-300 gallons is my recommendation.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: