BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Looking good! Nice looking stand.

Thanks!!

Great job to this point, stand came out great. What do you plan o keeping in this?

Thanks!!...i'm not quite sure yet! I'm thinking a pair of clowns, a midas blenny (never had one but seems really cool), a fathead/sunburst anthias (not sure about this guy just yet, the info I come across seems to be 50/50...some say my tank is big enough while others say it isn't)...tons of ricordea and acans (I have always had great luck with these)...and i'll try my hand at SPS with a green birdsnest or a birds of paradise...that's about it so far for the stocking list!

just wondering if the bottom is tempered glass... it will be so neat if you do a side over flow=]

looks great so far! makes me want to change my good old solana =p

Thanks!!...i'm not sure if the bottom panel is tempered...it seem like it is from the research i've done, but I don't have a definite answer. How do you like the Solana?...i've always heard so much about them but i've never seen a setup in person!

Sorry for the slow progress on this build guys! I'm currently waiting for my sump to be completed and then i'll get the ball rolling again!

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Hey guys, sorry there's been zero progress so far! I had a guy from the LFS make my sump and i'll be picking that up today. I wanted to order my return pump and skimmer tonight so I can get water in this tank ASAP! I'm definitely going with the Sicce Syncra Silent 2.0 for the return pump but i'm still debating on the skimmer. I was originally going to go with the SCA 301 but the reviews I see for that skimmer seem to be getting worse and worse. Based on the reviews i've seen I have narrowed it down to the Reef Octopus NWB110 or the Bubble Magnus 5...which one would you guys recommend?...anyone here running either skimmer on a setup similar to mine? (34g DT and 15g sump)

Thanks!

http://www.marinedepot.com/Bubble_M...kimmers-Bubble_Magus-4W05001-FIPSISNW-vi.html

OR

http://www.bulkreefsupply.com/reef-...skimmer.html?gclid=CPzXz-Grx7wCFWwV7AodmUsAZg

Last edited:

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Picked up the sump last night!

m8d6de.jpg

viplok

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
33   0   0
Thanks! Would the noise be caused by the "flat" portion in the pvc tubing?

the flat part does cause noise. another note, where is a valve on the drain? should get 1 so u can tune it if needed, this will reduce alot of noise but risky since you only have 1 drain. also, add a pvc so it leads it to the sock. that few inch drop will make ur tank sound like waterfall. great work so far!

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
the flat part does cause noise. another note, where is a valve on the drain? should get 1 so u can tune it if needed, this will reduce alot of noise but risky since you only have 1 drain. also, add a pvc so it leads it to the sock. that few inch drop will make ur tank sound like waterfall. great work so far!

I didn't want to put any restrictions on the drain since it's a single drain. I have a bit of 1 1/2" flex tubing that I was planning on using for the drain to have the outlet lower in the sock. Thanks!!

BX1157

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
3   0   0
Update! Finally hung the light and decided on an aquascape! My RODI filter should be arriving on Tuesday, so hopefully I?ll have water in this thing by the end of the week!

2urxmcp.jpg

2w3x0yp.jpg

uota9.jpg

2m304dl.jpg

w0kepz.jpg

303cl79.jpg

25pmxk7.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: