Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is a pic of the tank after the cleaning up of the algae. This pic is dated from Sept 13, 2008. Also please note this is before the plumbing of the the sump / refugium.

Sept13_08.jpg

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Today (Nov. 2 - 2008) I have hooked up 2 Phosban Reactors powered by one powerhead (Maxijet 600 - only one I had in my possession). Water enters the 1st reactor 1/4 filled with Rowa Phos and then water enters the next reactor 1/2 filled with Carbon and back into the sump. I sure hope I get good results because I can't stand the cyano.

Here is the carbon I bought (at Walmart)
0004743190239_215X215.jpg

Picture of the 2 reactors hanging on my sump:
IMG_2844.jpg

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I purchased some new corals pieces.

Nov28-08Coral2.jpg

Nov28-08Coral1.jpg

I am not sure of their names. Both Purchased on Nov 28, 2008.
One from Superior Sea and the other from House of the Tropical Fish.

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well it has been awhile since I have updated on what is going on with Tank. Goal - Tank of the month - not there yet. Anyway I have installed two Phosban 150 reactors. One is filled with ROWAPHOS and the other with Carbon. On Feb 22, 2009 I installed a DIY Calcium Reactor to supplement my kalk reactor. I used an old Seaclone Protein skimmer for the body and used some 3" PVC plumbing supplies from Lowes. The CO2 bottle is from Canadian Tire (JacPac CO2 Regulator Kit). I am not sure how long it will last but I bought a 20 oz bottle for my main and kept the 9 oz for spare.

SumpMarch2-2009.jpg

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyway since my major clean from September I have noticed that my corals have been just surviving or starting to bleach. I checked everything pH / ALK / Calcium etc... I noticed that my ALK was low so I kept adding ALK and hence the reason to add the Calcium Reactor. Finally today I found it the salinity which was at 30 or 1.021. All this time I had a uncalibrated refractometer. Now to raise the salinity to 35 or 1.026. Time to wait and see.

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
latest update I am currently changing over my bulbs. It has been almost a year and I want to try something new. Thanks to Grim - he recommended.

Front:
Actinic Plus
Actinic White
Actinic Plus or Aquascience 22000K
Midday bulb
Aqua Blue Plus
Actinic Plus

I have added the 22000K - and I noticed the color less white more blue more 14000K.
I hope my corals will color more.

Here is the latest pic - Aug 5 -09

Aug5-2009.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: