Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is my 70 Gallon DAS tank. It has an H99 in tank filtration. So that means no sump. If I can convince my better half I will upgrade sooner or later.

New%20Top%20Finished%20Aug%2026-06.JPG

And a view from the front:

Aug%2026-2006.JPG

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Here is the view in my hood:
A mixture of VHO's and T5's. I am in the process of changing most of my VHO to T5. I will only leave 1 VHO (36" Super Actinic for Dusk/Dawn Effects)

View%20inside%20New%20Top%20Aug%2026-06.JPG

Quang

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
32   0   0
Wow, nice tank!
I like the all-inclusive quality about it.

Now for the real question, who's that in your avatar? :D

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, nice tank!
I like the all-inclusive quality about it.

Now for the real question, who's that in your avatar? :D

Since I am Croatian I had my wife take a picture of her holding the flag while on the beach in Croatia.

Seriously that is not my wife, she found that picture on the net. Both of us are Croatian though. She told me that it is just a Croatian model.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
Croman, welcome to manhattan reefs, great tank and great sense of humor, you'll fit right in here :)

I really like those DAS tanks, I almost bought a used 125 DAS when setting up my tank.

How do you find the SPS growing under the T5's, and how are the colors of the coral?

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Croman, welcome to manhattan reefs, great tank and great sense of humor, you'll fit right in here :)

I really like those DAS tanks, I almost bought a used 125 DAS when setting up my tank.

How do you find the SPS growing under the T5's, and how are the colors of the coral?

I find that the SPS are no longer brown and starting to change to a more vibrant green, yellows, blues and purples. With VHO I noticed everything was brown or shades of it.

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0

I don't have any long term T5 pics but I do have a pic from using VHO.
Here an SPS I purchased Dec 29-05 and the next pic is from Sept 5-06.

Dec29-05.JPG

The next is Today Sept 5-06

SPS%20Aug%205-06.JPG

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I have finally upgraded the last of lights:
I know have:

I have completed the upgrade of my lights. Now I have:
2 - 54W T5 HO DD Powerchrome Aquablue+
1 - 54W T5 HO DD Powerchrome Actinic+
1 - 95W T12 VHO UVL Super Actinic
1 - 24W T5 HO ATI Aquablue Special
1 - 24W T5 HO ATI Blue Plus.

The sequence is as follows:
1:00 PM 95W Super Actinic turns on
1:30 PM (24W Blue Plus & 24W Aquablue) turn on
2:00 PM (all 54W T5) Turn on
11:00 PM (all 54W T5) Turn off
11:30 PM (all 24W T5) Turn off
12:00 PM 95W Super Actinic turns off

Here is a pic of the lights:
FinalLightsSept23-06.JPG

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It has been awhile since I been on this forum just wanted to update where I have been with regards to my tank. I have upgraded the 24watt and 95 watt VHO to 36" 39watt T5 lights;

I now have from front to back:
T5 DD Actinic+ 54W HO 48"
T5 DD AquaBlue 54W HO 48"
T5 DD AquaBlue 54W HO 48"
Super Actinic 39W T5 UV 36"
T5 DD AquaFlora 39W HO 36"
T5 DD Actinic + 39W HO 36"
LightsJuly1-2007.jpg

Here is a pic of the ATO and Kalk Reactor:
KalkReactorJuly12007.jpg

Finally how it all looks - July 1, 2007:
July1-2007.jpg

fritz

OG of this here reef game
Rating - 95.9%
47   2   0
Nice! I too like the all inclusive DAS tanks. All D&D bulbs? I'm surprised you didn't like the ATI Aquablue special, I love that bulb! I tried the D&D bulbs but I liked the ATI better. Looks like your acros are really starting to settle in and color up under the T5s. Do you run into any problems having leathers in the tank with them? Do you run carbon or phosban? What type of skimmer are you using?

Fred

Croman

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Nice! I too like the all inclusive DAS tanks. All D&D bulbs? I'm surprised you didn't like the ATI Aquablue special, I love that bulb! I tried the D&D bulbs but I liked the ATI better. Looks like your acros are really starting to settle in and color up under the T5s. Do you run into any problems having leathers in the tank with them? Do you run carbon or phosban? What type of skimmer are you using?

Fred

Living in Canada has it faults - most US places won't ship to Canada or duty and brokerage makes getting stuff from the States very expensive. I have some 54Watters ATI that I'm changing over in a little while (year is not up yet).
Yes I run carbon 24/7 that I change every few months in a fluval 304.
a_IMG_9584.jpg

As for the protein skimmer I have the stock H99 in tank which is licensed from Deltec to DAS.
a_IMG_9576.jpg

My Acros don't seem to mind as for the growth here is a pic of an acro I got from Dec 29 2005:
Blue_Acro_Dec_29-2005.JPG

Today July 1, 2007:
Closeup-BlueAcro.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: