Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
After losing my last tank to a leak back in Oct 2011 I thought I was out of the hobby for good. Well that was a joke, this is the one hobby I really enjoy very much and I really missed having a tank so I caved in and bought this 90 on craigslist. Here's a few pics of the tank It's been up and running for a little over three months. Let me know what you think. Remember I'm a not a photographer but I try.
Vic

img_0785.jpg

img_0754.jpg

img_0782.jpg

img_0781.jpg

Last edited:

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
victor whats good buddy glad to see u back bro i still got some of ur corals growing over here if u ever want some back lmk even tho ur in the sunshine state feel like ur still in my area maybe one day we be neighbor again one day when i get tired of the cold

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
victor whats good buddy glad to see u back bro i still got some of ur corals growing over here if u ever want some back lmk even tho ur in the sunshine state feel like ur still in my area maybe one day we be neighbor again one day when i get tired of the cold
Hey If you ever come down my way give me a shout your always welcome to come over.:division:
Vic

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Vic!!! Good to see you reefing again. I like what you've done ;) That's a good amount of rock. Once frags grow in it's going to look sick. What are you lighting it with?

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Vic,

Sneak attack a tank! Good to see you back in the game. Tank looking good bro.
Thank's

Vic!!! Good to see you reefing again. I like what you've done ;) That's a good amount of rock. Once frags grow in it's going to look sick. What are you lighting it with?
Thanks Rich It's nice to be back.
I'm running a reefbreeder photon 48. when I ordered it I used 2/3 less white and added replaces it with the royal blues. It looks good but I made it to blue I'm going to add a little more white to it. So far so good nothing like a 400 watt radium would do but it's doing the job. Will see by how long it takes to grow in. It's weird some of the acros look better with the leds and some don't. I have the same cali tort I had in my 180 under t5's and it looked great but now it's bla flat with no pop. But others glow I guess it's a trade off.

Looks like a great start. Can you list your equipment as well?
Thank you, Well besides my photon 48 I have a euroreef RS-250 run by a bubble blaster 3000, spectrapure dual reactor running activated carbon and GFO, wp-40, one wp-25,and a dual doser from dosingpumps.com for dosing alk and calcium. Oh I also run a Spectrapure Liquid Level Controller right from my ro di unit for top off.
Vic

ca1ore

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
The 90 gallon seems to be the tank of choice for the 'getting back in the game' crowd. It was for me also - dropped out in late-2008 and got back in with the obligatory 90 last April. Didn't last long as I went up to a 265 in short order ..... but a good place to restart.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
The 90 gallon seems to be the tank of choice for the 'getting back in the game' crowd. It was for me also - dropped out in late-2008 and got back in with the obligatory 90 last April. Didn't last long as I went up to a 265 in short order ..... but a good place to restart.
I don't think I'll be upgrading anytime soon, being disabled and on a fixed income. But I agree the 90 was a good start for me. I was looking for a 120 but couldn't find a good used one, that was my preferred choice.

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Sorry to hear of your disability Vic. You looked like a ball player last time I saw you ;) We all get old brotha! Your old tank was an inspiration, and I'm sure this one will be exceptional in time to come.

Vic8361

Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Sorry to hear of your disability Vic. You looked like a ball player last time I saw you ;) We all get old brotha! Your old tank was an inspiration, and I'm sure this one will be exceptional in time to come.
Thanks Rich I need a hip replacement really bad but they won't touch me because of my weight, hopefully I could lose they weight and get it done. I guess I need to take care of my health more than I do the fish LOL.

Sorry to hear that Vic. Take it easy.

The tank is looking good. And welcome back to the hobby!
Thanks Sam I'm hanging in there.
Vic

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: