cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Did you "canopy" the tank this time? Flame wrasses tend to carpet surf.
How are the prices out there for a Blue Line angel?
I would place a Blue Line, Personifier & Majestic in first since they are a little bit wimpy.

I build a skeleton frame to hang the lights already, still can't decide on the wood specie I want to use for the entire cabinet. Will be enclosed before any wrasses move in.

Price and avilibilty here are terrible, I paid over $250 for a pair of Bellus that had ich :irked:.. Going to have source stuff from liveaquaria or on my trips to OC. Blueline or blue ring is on my list, majestic is a maybe as I never had good luck with them. I saw some 8-10" blue lines in HK three weeks ago, they were about $70 US, made me want to move there for a second.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
Try to Prazi your angels in a QT for 5 days if possible, a lot of the large angels are coming in with flukes.
justrarefish.com sent me a Blue Line a while back for $225 + $65 shipping and it was infested with flukes so you can't even trust some of these higher end places.

I would also look into Blue Zoo Aquatics. They have some of the harder to obtain species and offer free shipping over a certain amount whereas Live Aquaria does not.

NYreefNoob

Skimmer Freak
Rating - 100%
166   0   0
seems flukes are in abundant here lately, i do a 5 min freshwater dip and just watch them float off { flukes } 1 time i didnt do the fw it caused havic in my tank and caused a few fish to go to the oceans heavan, i always do prozi as well but it didnt get it

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Cali, liveaquaria's supplier is out of Gardena. If you want I can give you the number and you can find out what stores around you use them so you don't have to get it shipped.

Thanks. The LFS here don't carry much none-bread and butter fish, I asked them to order fish but they typically don't want to deal in the higher priced live stock. They also want me to buy the fish regardless how it comes in, with no guarantees. I might as well order on-line and have a better selection.

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Try to Prazi your angels in a QT for 5 days if possible, a lot of the large angels are coming in with flukes.
justrarefish.com sent me a Blue Line a while back for $225 + $65 shipping and it was infested with flukes so you can't even trust some of these higher end places.

I would also look into Blue Zoo Aquatics. They have some of the harder to obtain species and offer free shipping over a certain amount whereas Live Aquaria does not.

I don't have the space to setup a larger QT tank, miss my fish room:(.

pecan2phat

Professional Commuter
Rating - 100%
85   0   0
I bought one of those round totes with the rope handles at Home Depot for $8. It's the hard plastic and is 20g volume. Maxi-jet 1200 near the top, 100w heater and an air stone works fine. (plus water from your established system)

cali_reef

Fish and Coral Killer
Rating - 97.3%
36   1   0
Thanks All.

Few more pictures from the two sides.

140%20Cube_091216_0066.jpg

140%20Cube_091216_0069.jpg

140%20Cube_091216_0083r1.JPG

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: