Harlem20

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
Hey everyone Im finally back in the hobby again and Im glad to see there's still some familiar faces on the site. First off I want to start off by saying thank you to pirahnapat for starting a goodbye thread for me and to all the friends I made and everybody who wrote on the thread as well. When I read the thread it made feel so good to know that I helped out so many reefers and out of everything I did in the hobby that was the biggest thing I missed just talking to friends about they're tanks meeting new faces and helping people out with their tank. I am alittle upset with myself that I never logged in to at least see what was going on or even say goodbye but I never thought I had helped out so many people. For those of you who don't know me my name is Ivan Ive been in the saltwater hobby since the age of 17 so roughly around 8 years in the hobby. I use to work in mra and was there for two years pretty much since they opened up. Unfortunately my wife got very ill to the point where she was bed ridden and I had to many things piling on and just had to concentrate on what was important in my life and take care of that. So I ended up getting rid of everything (I regret doing that because I had to get everything all over again lol) and leaving the store to just work my main job and take care of my family. Well now Im happy to say that everything is back to normal my wife is doing great she gave birth to another healthy baby boy and we moved to a bigger apartment. Plus wifey actually said she missed the tank and wanted one which Ive never heard her say in the 9 years we've been together and my 4 year old wants a nemo . So I figured now is the best time to get a tank and introduce my youngest to saltwater. So thank you again for the wonderful comments and now enough about me and lets talk about my tank setup.
A friend of mine gave me a price I couldn't refuse on an elos 70 and I had to get it. The tank is beautiful starfire glass small overflow box and great size just right for my apartment. It comes with the two tone elos stand white and espresso which even matched with my furniture, the only thing is the stand doesn't come with a floorboard but nothing a quick trip to home depot cant fix. Now one thing I did notice is that the elos tank has a black frame in the inside of the tank on the bottom panel. Ive seen many pics of the same tank and most people just cover it with sand or just do the complete barebottom but Ive always liked my tank to be alittle different from other tanks. So my idea was to place an acrylic ring inside the black frame and just have the sand placed on top of the glass inside the ring. My idea is to place corals on the black frame that goes around the acrylic and have them grow over the acrylic rim into the sand bed. Hopefully it works out like that. So here are some pics and I will be adding a couple more pics in about a week. Right now still cleaning up a bit and going through the ugly stage
frown.gif.pagespeed.ce.03FZ2rMcsA.gif

My equipment list
Elos 70
Elos Two-tone white/espresso Stand
Custom 30 gal sump built and designed by me and a good friend (thanks chris) w/skimmer chamber, return chamber, 4 hole probe holder, refugium, 5x4 frag rack, and 4 gallon ATO resevoir
2 Aqua Illumination Sol Blue
2 Mp10 wes
1 Battery Backup

Eshopp S-cone 150 Skimmer
1 Fluval E series 200w Heater
1 Eheim 1260 Return Pump
1 15w Aqua Uv Sterlizier
1 TLF Reactor w/minijet running carbon
1 Rapid Led Par 38 (Refugium light)
1 Reefkeeper Elite /3 Pc4 sl1, sl2 net module temp, salinity, ph probe
1 Tunze Osmolator 3155

Livestock
60lbs Fiji Pink Live Sand
65lbs Fiji Live Rock
3lbs Rubble Rock
Chaeto/Dragon Breath in the refugium

Attachments

• 0202141240.jpg
    0202141240.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 251
  • 0302141137a.jpg
    0302141137a.jpg
    43.8 KB · Views: 229
  • 0301141753b.jpg
    0301141753b.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 229
  • 0307141927c.jpg
    0307141927c.jpg
    77.6 KB · Views: 233
  • 0311141010a.jpg
    0311141010a.jpg
    47.2 KB · Views: 259
  • 0311141010d.jpg
    0311141010d.jpg
    52.6 KB · Views: 230
  • 0311141340a.jpg
    0311141340a.jpg
    45.4 KB · Views: 229

Harlem20

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
104   0   0
sweet good luck

Thanks

welcome back looking nice cant wait to see the animals in there nice setup
Yea me too hopefully within the end of this week they should be some nice stuff in there :)

Nice tank for a comeback there tagging along for the ride

Yea out of all the tanks Ive had this is actually my favorite setup and cant wait for everything to come out as planned.

Welcome back bro glad everything work out well and congrats t0 the new frag!
Nice set up can't wait to see all the goodies in there!

Thanks bro this new frag is growing like crazy lol. man its been a very long time since Ive seen you glad to see you're still here. hows the family doing.

welcome back. congrats on the new tank. best of luck and if you ever need any help let me know. we are here to help :biggrin: :grouphug:

Thank you and I appreciate that. That's what keeps me on this site :grouphug:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: