cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Finally found some time to start putting the dividers in.

20140728_233002_zps1bb97e1a.jpg

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Last coat of paint is on the tanks. I painted both ends and the backs. The fluidized sand filter came in and picked up a dc12000 for return. I plan to run the UV and sand filter off a dc3000. I also have glass tops to keep evaporation down and led strip lighting already. Now I just need to assemble the stand and get some plumbing done.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Nope all natural. Tell you the truth I thought about it but I am so tired of painting at this point! I had to paint the tanks downstairs and my roomates I don't think were too happy. It has some sort of finish on it that I think will hold up as well as paint. I used a similar stand on my 40 rack build and its holding up ok. Who do you think I am anyways I won't spill a drop!!!

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
It only takes up 4'x2'!

You know I just looked around my little room and realized I have 5 tanks in here (not including the three I just added or counting sumps. Four of them though will be consolidated into the new ones as they are housing my clowns. So I will then have the clown rack, my 50g baller tank and a 60 cube downstairs in the common area.

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Looking for recommendations for an external skimmer. Also with external what about the possibility of them over filling? Would I have to drill the collection cup lid with a float switch?

cmantis

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
Laid out all the plumbing and made sure I have everything. However after looking at it all I decided I didn't feel like gluing in all those 1.5"->1" reducers so ran out to Lowes to get more 1.5"-1"-1.5" tee's.

20140818_225600_zps3a0f07a9.jpg

dubs

renegade reefer
Rating - 100%
250   0   0
wow i guess i been away for a while nice build bro sorry the home front got a little crazy and the beast was is it worste state i ever been in reefing but am back congrtaz on the build i see u still playing with these racks lol at least ur close to a 100g we need to link up

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: