pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Thanks Deanos.....

Hotwheels when I have time I will post that pic :).....

Scarface - I had the tomini tang for 4 months now and he even survived that power outage for 22 hrs with no circulation at all. I am happy that he is still around cleaning algae on rocks but a but dominant.. I tried to put a yellow tang and he beat the SH!@ out of him but when I do the upgrade I will introduced him to a 6" Hippo tang that I got from a fellow reefer so will see how that goes.....

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
:fight2: my new cleaner wrasse was trying to do his thing(clean) and the tomini started chasing it around. pretty funny. ever since i put him in, things have calmed down in my tank. my lyretail anthias isn't such a bully anymore.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Scarf...How big is your tomini?

My next question is.....BB, Starboard or DSB?...... and why?... thanks guys

what exactly is the size of starboard do I need when I order online? the tank is 72x24x24..

Steve

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
best advice, don't rush anything!

wait till you have all the equipment you need, then set it up.
you thought an upgrade was going to be cheap?, hehe.

my vote is for a ssb over marina board.

I ordered marina board to fit my inside tank dimensions, then had to
do some trimming and cutting for the overflow.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
J next week I basically have everything I need... the only thing concern is the transition.. Basically this will be my specs..

180g AGA
Modern Stand
Maristar 3x250& 4x39W T5
Sequence Marlin Pump
100g Rubbermaid sump
ASM G3 and MRC 1
2x1500 Seio, 1x1100 Seio and 1 Vortech
250 lbs LR

What else do I need lol.... That Maristar better be good for the money I paid for it!!!!

Steve

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
ok just an update today .... no pics yet still buying equipment.. I ordered my Marina board today and also anothe vortech .. so hopefully adding another one will be enough flow for my 180g and also bought the hole saw so something this week ill start drilling holes on my hardwood floors :(...

Steve

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
ok here is some upgrade from yesterday and today...

Yesterday

Breakdown of 75g :(
7_DSC04062_1.jpg

Friends helping out....
7_DSC04064_1.jpg

Finally..............
7_DSC04068_1.jpg

7_DSC04070_1.jpg

Today
All my stuff on a 55g and 10g
7_DSC04075_1.jpg

7_DSC04076_1.jpg

PLumbing time..
7_DSC04114_1.jpg

7_DSC04103_2.jpg

7_DSC04105_1.jpg

7_DSC04107_1.jpg

7_DSC04109_1.jpg

7_DSC04111_1.jpg

im just taking a break doing the return now from the tanks. Hope you guys like it any comments are welcome :) now back to work...

Last edited:

reefman

Chairman of the board
Rating - 100%
66   0   0
nice setup. great to have all that space for your sump. good idea to use rubbermaid for sump. i hope that table the sump is sitting on is strong n stable from tilting. have u test to see how much water your pump can push up to tank? r u doing dosing or ca react?

Last edited:
S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
66   0   0
Pnoy, whats the hieght that pump is pushing water to > ? Its looking great so far more progress than I have and I started my 180 3 months ago lol

Last edited:

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Ok I am so mad right now I am losing so much SPS due to RTning from the base... Some I have a little polyp extension some has nothing on them.. I am doing all my test as of now and I stop my Aquascaping....I will change the aquascaping sometime next week cuz wifey is pretty much mad cuz I spent almost 6 days on this tank and my daughters b-day is on Saturday...

Here is the pic of the tank with 3x250 BLV 10K and 4T5 Actinics..

7_DSC04150_1.jpg

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
just sharing pics of my tank....

7_DSC04269_1.jpg

7_DSC04265_1.jpg

[imghttp://altisreef.com/forum/userpix/7_DSC04268_1.jpg[/img]

here is one of my favorite Growth pics...got this ORA TORT last may..
May
7_OraBluetort_1.jpg

Sept
7_DSC03871_1.jpg

Oct ( I saw the big change in color and growth when I upgraded to DE and more flow)

7_DSC04276_1.jpg

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
that ORA tort looks awesome.

what was the deal with the corals RTN-ing, did you figure out what that was from?

the whole set up looks great by the way, just a bit more room you have now :)

Hotwheels

Hotwheels
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Looks great steve...
I'm sure the pics don't do it justice your A.scaping looks good
keep sending the pics.
I also have the 120 running up grading the sump tomorrow morning
120 w/ 75gal tank sump. I still need lights. can't decide on retro or complete setup?
drop me a line.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
J- I have so many issues in my tank and dont really know who is the culprit of my SPS Rtn'ng....Probably it was the stress from the move and my ALK jump from a stable 9 on my 75g and 11 on my new tank...Lots of things change from my old set up, now I dont have DSB and went Starboard, from SE 2x250 14k SE to 3x250 DE 10K HQI and flow is much better from SEIO to Vortech... All in all I lost 8 sps frags and 2 medium colony. Some frags I did save and keeping an eye on them .. I was upset and a bit sad when I was throwing the bleached sps and I made my wife screamed when she open the garbage and IT STINKS :D.....I hope evrything will be fine in the next few months and will update on progress...

Anyone have any suggestion on what heater I can use on my 180. I currently have 300w and an inline HYDOR 200W.. will this be enough or get a bigger one? thanks

Nelson.. Thanks for the compliment and you saw my stuff when you were here last month and the colors of my sps are not the same as it use.. My favorite is the blue mille and pink and the blue turned brown and the pink is pale pink :(..... saw ur tank and it looking sweet...

steve

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I would think it could have been the jump in alk.

that's happened to me and I've lost a few frags.

but who know's SPS can be so damn fickle :mad:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: