pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Next week will be upgrading to 180g and just sharing some pics..... I can't wait to do the upgrade cuz I can't stand looking at my tank. I had to give away some sps frags cuz I dont have much room for it and today lost 2 sps found both touching my millepora's....but here is some pics and sorry my camera is not the best....

7_1_1.jpg

7_2_1.jpg

7_3_1.jpg

7_4_1.jpg

7_5_1.jpg

7_6_1.jpg

7_7_1.jpg

7_8_1.jpg

7_10_1.jpg

7_12_1.jpg

Last edited:

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Very nice collection of SPS you have there. Even in a 180 you're still going to have to limit the amout of corals you have. These things grow as you already know. Most of us just pack the tank like yours and slowly start to eliminate the "not that great" looking corals to make room for your most prized pieces. Anyway, great job and best of luck with the new tank.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Jackson...Thanks for the compliment....Most of the sps are all my prized winner sps and I was thinking not buying anymore SPS for 1 yr and see how all my frags do.... But for sure 2 of them are gowing HYDNOPORA and ELKHORN something....

BTW will you recommend DAS skimmer? if no what skimmer Im looking at the ap701 Deltec but for now I guess I will run 2 skimmers ASM G3 and MRC 1.. thanks

WXL - thanks

DEE LUCKY - Yes Im thinking about it.. but the tank is worthless have some scratch and chip on the left side... but the tand and Canopy are in mint condition and whats inside the canopy is making me think twice... 2x250MH 4T5 with E. Icecap ballast and the canopy has 8 Fans 2 BIG ones on eash side and 4 small fans at the back.... Will let yah know for sure.....

S

steveo32

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Very nice looking thank. Good luck withte 180. And I lovet he aquascaping. Really cool idea !!

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Rich Im sorry on my new 180g.. Lastnite I was reading your "Skimmer" thread and oh boy 2 hrs and I am only in page 70 lol... I have 4 choices Deltec AP701, Barr Aquatics, H &S and that DAS....I will be over stacking fish eventually like 15 fishes.... so any advise is appreciated....

thanks

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
I would go with either the Barr or the larger H+S (with 3 Eheims)PM Regal, he gets good deals on them.
The other skimmers are a bit underpowered IMO for a 180G with a big load. The Deltec 702 would be good also.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
OK I think I will get that barraquatics 75-500Gallons. The price is reasonable and one fellow reefer from RC also recommends it.....

Rich that H&S with 3 eheim is a bit too much for me but it is one nice loking Beast!... thanks again

steve

Hotwheels

Hotwheels
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
ssswwweeeeeeeetttttt!

Was up? Looking great. I still have a vision of the coral I saw when I picked up the 120
Let's see a pic of it.

call me.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
great collection you have there. that clam does have great colors and pattern. I agree with Rich about the skimmer. If your going to be stocking to the gills your going to have to have a beast of a skimmer for a 180. If not then the no3 will go through the roof. some no3 is okay, but from experience once it gets too high things things start to suffer. otherwise you'll have to change a ton of water.

pnoyreefer

Pek-P3K LicK3I2
Rating - 100%
80   0   0
Thank Jhale.... What Im going to do right now is run 2 skimmers until I get enough money to buy me a BEAST . Also Didn't really antcipate that this upgrade of mine will be costly.. Right now my expense is to the roof with just the Tank,stand,lights,sump,pump,Vortech and all my plumbing... I want to do this upgrade with all the right equipment so I would not worry about replacing anything in less than 6 months.. My main problem now is the transition I have to do. The 180 will go where my current tank sits and I dont know if I should move the 75g now to another place and start drilling a hole on my hard wood floors and start the plumbing... or do everything when I picked up the tank?..... This upgrade is stressing me out cuz I will have a b-day party for my daughter on the 21st and tank I will pick up is next week friday the 13th... so its either I set it up before or after my daughthers B-day but ofcourse will love to set it up before so people can see the huge tank on my Living room..... will update more and any advise or comments is appreciated...

MOD: can you change the name of this thread to END OF 75G ...REIGN OF 180G... thanks

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: