jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
Rescaping a bit this weekend to incorporate some more tonga branch in one section of the tank. Also gonna move some corals around with growth in mind.

gonna kill some cyphastrea too 5*5 patch. If anyone wants to trade a rock for a rock, I'm open to it

Pics or it didn't happen :)

I want to see more top down coral pics :tongue::tongue:

Slamajamajama

Because Thats How I Roll.
Rating - 98.2%
54   1   0
i like the way it is...ive gotten away from branches too..um... I guess what im trying to say is as you get older in reefing you understand its a painting, a Picasso, putting in branches is like drawing stick figures......

its good to see corals larger than frags...let it grow

way to deep for this crowd I think....lol

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Thanks Q! I gotta change my screen name now :eek:

:lol2: Mike. Corals larger than frags is a good thing.

Rich, :bunny: no more pics, this thread will just be more of me talking about random things. More top downs in a week or two ;)

Fredro, right now I'm using a calcium reactor to keep my alk at 9dkh and calcium at around 430ppm. My water changes keep my magnesium in the 1300-1350 range and I supplement a little here and there if necessary. Aside from that I dose Bio-digest and bio-optim every other week from Prodibio. On weeks I don't dose prodibio I dose special blend and I dose nite-out after every water change.

I've had some ups and some downs with this tank, lost some pieces while others have had great growth and color.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Adding a 30g display fuge.

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByReefs2015-03-15 22:11:02 EDT.jpg
    ImageUploadedByReefs2015-03-15 22:11:02 EDT.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 268

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Sadly, I bump this thread to let you all know this tank has suffered a major set back. I've lost most of my coral colonies, though I haven't removed them yet as some are still clinging to life. I expect when this is all over that at least 75% of the tank will be gone, which sucks.

I started having issues a few weeks ago and it turns out my father began lighting incense around the same time. Thought is the incense has some sort of chemicals in the smoke that was taken in by the skimmer and then mixed with the tank water, creating a slow death for the tank as the chemicals built up. I only noticed he was lighting it this weekend and he has since stopped.

I've been doing large water changes, running carbon and I'm getting some polyfilters tonight.

Aside from the corals, I've lost about 15 fish in total. Hoping the ones that are left pull through.

I'll rebuild slowly, this time with a mixed reef. Softies dont seem affected and LPS show only minimal signs of stress.

Just needed to share that.

Rating - 98.6%
73   1   0
Hmm...I used to vape A LOT in my room, where my old tank was. It used to make my skimmer go crazy from all the smoke that it was taking in also (I guess). MAYBE that was the cause of a lot of my Euphyllia and Duncan deaths... :scratchch

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Thanks for the support! Tank is doing better know. Death has finally stopped and he things that are alive are doing way better. Lots of water changes and carbon and poly filter did the trick.

Rob I'll actually be out your way this weekend on Sunday. Let me know if you're around I can bring those clippers with me :)

Oh I'll text you.

nanoreefer22

Live Sale Pioneer
Staff member
Rating - 100%
345   0   0
Little video update. Picked up this amazing blue S gigantea from a local vendor who had it for about 4 months. Hard to find one of these already established and healthy, so I jumped at the chance.

Tank overall is doing better, switched from a CA reactor to a doser since I don't have the high demand from SPS any more. Things seem to be going well. Going to start getting some more SPS in the next few months once I am sure things are 100% stable. Right now my LPS garden is growing, next buy is a neon green haddoni.

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="https://www.youtube.com/embed/h7aPItJeTdk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: