Marek-S

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
79   0   0
Wow, nice. It's so well laid out.
I knew I was going to have tank envy if I came on over to this thread...

Tnx pbjelly
Added 1/2 inch pipe for ATO that I could use also to connect with kalkwasser reactor if needed
I glued all the PVC piping, hope there will be no leaks :)

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    89.9 KB · Views: 467
Last edited:

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Nice build!! Everything looks like it should have a great turn out.

I wish I planned well enough ahead instead of "fill that bad boy up!"

Only question is what about an emergency drain for 1 of the 3 drains?

evoIX_Reefer

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
126   0   0
Yeah I doubt all 3 ever goes bad. I had mine back up due to snail shells getting in there and had to take apart the whole thing. My tank is a whole lot smaller and not as many drains but it can happen.

All 3 drains are going into 1 sock or that was just temporary? I'd worry about splash back and I'm sure that sock will last for 1 day if all 3 of those drains going to process through there.

lnevo

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
106   0   0
All 3 drains are going into 1 sock or that was just temporary? I'd worry about splash back and I'm sure that sock will last for 1 day if all 3 of those drains going to process through there.

If one get's setup as an emergency drain then technically it doesn't need to be in the sock, but it's a good safety. If he sets it up as a full siphon drain then really only going to be a trickle going through the 2nd drain. So in reality, one sock is fine, but it WILL need to be changed frequently since this is a pretty large tank.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: