neupane00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hey guys, here is an update.. AFTER a lot of phone calls with DAS aquarium. They hire a local tank maker guy here in NJ. The plan is to put 2 2by 4s and clamp it.. drop the water level 4-5 inches. take the broken euro piece out and replace it. also put 2 cross braces of 3-4 inches each. keep the clamp on. fill the tank and run as usual. after 48 hours take off the braces. how does this sound to u all?

neupane00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
In the mean time i dont know if its because of volume of water or what.. my corals are LOVING the new environment. Things i was about to toss it considering dead. Totally retracted hammer, fungia that had turned completely white.. etc are back FULL to life and showing vibrant colors! Master scoly that i thought wouldnt make it (half retracted and few feeding tentacles left) has come to full life in just 2 weeks.
I started using Korallen-zucht ammino, vitalizer, sponge power, and Xtra special. i dont know if its cuz of that.

neupane00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Hey all.. here is the latest.. about a month ago DAS decided to give me refund for the whole system. My new tank is being build by local company called artistic aquarium to replace this. Also they are using 3/4 glass this time instead of 1/2 inch used by DAS. The tank will be ready in FEB. and then comes the big transfer day which is what i am absolutely dreading. I have about 15k worth of livestocks inside the tank.

BZOFIQ

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
46   0   0
.... My new tank is being build by local company called artistic aquarium to replace this. Also they are using 3/4 glass this time instead of 1/2 inch used by DAS. The tank will be ready in FEB. .

What did they quote you for a build? Please PM me if you don't want to post.

Where are they based out of?

neupane00

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
Here are some recent pic of my tank

DSC00114%2B%25281%2529.JPG

DSC00187.JPG

DSC00188.JPG

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: