MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Hey man what's going on.
Tank is coming along slowly but surely.
I had some up's and down's with getting everything stable but at this point I have learned that this is a marathon and not a sprint ;)
I burnt some sps with the LED's when starting out and now I'm only running them at 30% the real star of this light IMOP is the T5's and if I had to do it over again I think I would go with the less expensive sun power and add Reef Brites lol, although the diming of the T5's is a really nice feature.
I did add a reef brite strip and thinking about adding another on the other side (peninsula tank) but everything pops at nite under the reef brite.
I'll try and take some update pic's soon nothing special but my zoos did take off under the T5's

reefoman

memberator
Vendor
Rating - 97.7%
126   3   0
Hey Mike
I'm sorry to hear about your not really good experience with your ATI fixture.
As you probably remember I had exact same fixture... I like to try new stuff and everyone know that I switch light fixtures very often... I wanted to give a chance for Radions pro 3rd gen but unfortunately they not working for me so I decided to switch to another fixture.
This time I'm getting new pacific sun product the Pandora Hyperion S8, it's almost exact the same fixture as ATI led Powermodule except few details that may work way better... PacSun has more led colors I think 8 but no white, running 8 t5s do we need white led? I don't think so, they have longest experience with led fixtures for aquarium cause they was first (I believe) company who did it for our hobby years ago so they have some experience, pac sun put all that leds on very small spot (less than 1 square inch) this way they eliminate funky color spots on the live rock or corals cause colors are mixing better in my understanding. I remember that I was able to see red color on live rock running ATI so I hope pac sun gonna work better.
I didn't know that dimming t5s we shorting them life drastically! I only knew that we have to run them on the beginning at full 100% for first 80 hours. That's why dimming option is not allowed in pandora lights :-/
I learn new things all the time...
Please post some pics :)

jackson6745

SPS KILLER
Rating - 99%
201   2   0
You'll balance it out Mike. The T5's alone are more than enough for your tank. Good that you're running the LED as supplemental now. Before the summer, I will be removing the halide and going T5 only on my tank. IMO T5's are more effective when coral growth becomes dense and shading is an issue.

Looking forward to your pics. What are your nitrate and phosphate levels these days?

MikeC

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
213   0   0
Hey Mike
I'm sorry to hear about your not really good experience with your ATI fixture.

Good to hear from you Marek hope all is well.
Don?t get me wrong, I like the light and the LED'S do add A nice little pop that contributes to the over all look.
As you know I had originally planed to go with MH until seeing your tank with this light and Im not sorry for going with the ATI.
That being said I don?t feel the 3 center clusters offer enough coverage to the whole tank(30? wide) and thats why I added the Reef Brite.

I didn't know that dimming t5s we shorting them life drastically

Yes me ether and do you know by how much? I have a par meeter so I guess Ill just keep a eye on that.
Would you recommend not using the ramp up/ramp down to preserve bulb time?

What light is Krzysztof using now?

Will post pic?s soon ;)

I can take some par measurements if you'd like
How have you been?
Thanks for the offer but i have one ;)
You'll balance it out Mike. The T5's alone are more than enough for your tank. Good that you're running the LED as supplemental now. Before the summer, I will be removing the halide and going T5 only on my tank. IMO T5's are more effective when coral growth becomes dense and shading is an issue.

Looking forward to your pics. What are your nitrate and phosphate levels these days?

Thanks Rich
Ya never planed on using them as a main light but also didn?t think when transferring some of my sps from the frag tank with the 250w MH I would burn them up at 70% with the led clusters lol.
I since turned them down to 30% during the day and 5% moon light no RED led and now after hearing from Marek maybe turning down the white?s also.

ELOS test kits
None detectable PO4
and nitrates are 0.02
9f14b111-f6ce-4286-bc0a-c22e63ce7ce5_zpsmhcjvmup.jpg

I have 16 fish
I feed 6 times a day

10AM-Auto EHEIM pellets New life spectrum ultra red
12AM-Auto EHEIM pellets New life spectrum ultra red
2PM-Blender mush /sm cube
4pm-Blender mush /sm cube
7pm-Blender mush /sm cube
9pm-Blender mush /sm cube

Fuel 2x week
Reef Chilli 1x week Nite feeding

I think I need more fish lol

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: