Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi Guys, well I decided to get back into the hobby. To be honest, I have always regretting getting out. It was nice for the first week or so (no worries. didn't have to check any levels, feed any coral or fish ext, ext) but after a week it was like being on vacation and wanting to go home. I really missed everything, feeding the fish, checking the levels standing in front of the tank all hours of the day and night just looking for problems or just enjoying the view. The only thing was, that I knew that if I told my wife I was putting in another tank I would be out in the street with the fish. So I just excepted it and tried not to think about it.

Well, About a month ago I decided to just through it out there about getting a new tank and sure enough it stuck (who would have thought LOL) So the hunt began. I am going from my 210 so I knew I wanted to go deeper maybe 3ft... the 300 looked good but when I saw a member (Tommys) selling a barley used 200DD for a great price I knew thats the tank for me. Let the fun begin.
IMG_4871_zpsb8d04897.jpg

I decided to put this tank in my basement (dads little getaway pad) I also decided to paint the stand and canopy white.
IMG_4929_zpsd13978e2.jpg

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Thank you very much guys.
Kris, I have been following your 200 build, you tank looks amazing!!!

Its funny, my tank is empty but I still find myself sitting on the stairs staring at it like its full LOL. Anyway, after looking at the tank I realized that I have to raise this thing up. I decided to build a platform to raise the tank 9in. I find it a lot nicer not having to bend over to look into the tank. time to take out the tools :D

IMG_4950_zpsaa6fd74b.jpg

IMG_4951_zpse8c091de.jpg

All finished, now for the paint
IMG_4954_zps17746c50.jpg

IMG_4967_zps9b7ddb29.jpg

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Hi guys, thank you very much for the kind words I really do appreciate it. Yes, I think the platform really makes it a much more enjoyable view.
Thirty6, thank you very much. I figured it would be easier and faster if I build the platform myself. I plan on doing a predominately SPS tank.
Thanks again guys :smile:

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Thank you Marek, I appreciate that.

Hi Jaftica, I purchased two 160w evergrow LED's as my actinic and I plan on picking up two 400w metal halides. I was going to go with radion pro3 but as of now I think I am going back to MH

I did pick up my sump last night from Mike at tropical island. I mentioned to him that I was looking for a sump and he made it happen. It fits my skimmer perfectly. Thanks again Mike

IMG_4972_zps842dd0d7.jpg

IMG_4973_zpsd053f989.jpg

Long-Island-Mike

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Jaftica, I think my buddy Ronnie B sent me a picture of your tank. It looks amazing. If you are using MH then I am on the right track :smile:
How many did you need? I wasn't sure if I was going to need 2 or 3 because of the depth.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: