Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-17-2015, 09:46 PM
Reefer Ratings: (5 (100%)
Friends: (3)
Send a Private Message
i had some pics of the rocks currently in clear water fill and doing great,but they wont load. sorry. when i go back in i'll take some.
Old 02-19-2015, 07:58 PM
Send a Private Message
overflowing with gratitude

HOB overflow donated by reefdiver. Great guy,informative,helpful and of course generous.Thanks again,i'll be in touch.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-05-2015, 09:43 PM
Send a Private Message
movin on uuppp!

tanks finally ready for the rocks to move in..
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-05-2015, 09:56 PM
Send a Private Message

working with some of my junior marine biologist from the Reef club i started.the goal is for them to eventually run the tank without me. 4 have started home tanks with fresh water fish.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 03-05-2015, 10:29 PM
Reefer Ratings: (15 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
This is awesome. I work in a high school and although I am not in the science department I occasionally go to the Marine Biology class and see what the kids are up to.
Old 03-05-2015, 10:57 PM
Send a Private Message
i appreciate that. i'm also not in the science department.but i am working with the science teacher. most of us on here don't realize how adept we are scientifically.
Old 04-19-2015, 03:56 PM
Send a Private Message
Tank up and running! Mascot fish are in! Parameters excellent,everyone is eating and healthy. Pics and vids coming soon. It's still a work in progress. No corals yet. Dropped a bunch on lights ,fish food ect. So it'll be a while before I can purchase Corals for it. I hope to get an Anemone for the clowns to host.

But so far: two osc. Clowns,hippo tang,starry Blenny,tiger brittle starfish,peppermint shrimp,3nass snails 3 blue leg hermit crabs. Want to get some cheato and pods to establish. Rocks had coralline algae initially but it's gone so may need to throw a rock or some shavings in there. Will probably add more rocks also when money permits. Hopefully the parents may come through on donating more fish.The kids love it though!
I appreciate you guys getting us this far ,so far. M.R is a fantastic community
Old 04-19-2015, 03:59 PM
Send a Private Message
Brooklyn Manhattan Reef/highland park Reef tank up and running!

Tank up and running! Mascot fish are in! Parameters excellent,everyone is eating and healthy. Pics and vids coming soon. It's still a work in progress. No corals yet. Dropped a bunch on lights ,fish food ect. So it'll be a while before I can purchase Corals for it. I hope to get an Anemone for the clowns to host.

But so far: two osc. Clowns,hippo tang,starry Blenny,tiger brittle starfish,peppermint shrimp,3nass snails 3 blue leg hermit crabs. Want to get some cheato and pods to establish. Rocks had coralline algae initially but it's gone so may need to throw a rock or some shavings in there. Will probably add more rocks also when money permits. Hopefully the parents may come through on donating more fish.The kids love it though!
I appreciate you guys getting us this far ,so far. M.R is a fantastic community
Old 04-20-2015, 01:53 PM
Send a Private Message
road to reefing...

quest continues
Attached Thumbnails

Old 04-20-2015, 01:57 PM
Send a Private Message

Although supervised,most tools and plumbing were done and handled by the students.
Attached Thumbnails