fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Started feeding a homemade blend of chopped up oysters, clams, shrimp and whatnot. Finally seeing real improent in colors and an explosion in growth.

Upgraded my third MP10 to a QuietDrive too.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    22.9 KB · Views: 388
I decided the Kessil's are a little bit out of my budget so I sold the 360we and went with some black box leds. MarAquA 165w LEDs. I also moved the tank across the room last week and that was a pain!!!!! I recently lost my sailfin, flame angel and blue hippo. I only have 2 chromis, 2 true Percula clowns and a anthia. I'm just ordered a 2-part kit from BRS and the ReDSea Reef energy kit. Uploading isn't working right now, ill post pics later.

Brando457

NJRC Member
Rating - 100%
44   0   0
One thing you can do to quiet down the drain is look to add a maggie muffler instead of a durso. I run 2 on my tank and absolutely love them. My buddy ran them on his tank as well and they work really well.

One thing you can do to quiet down the drain is look to add a maggie muffler instead of a durso. I run 2 on my tank and absolutely love them. My buddy ran them on his tank as well and they work really well.

I actually tweaked the ball valve like 1/8 Of a turn n it's dead silent now!!! But my new major problem is the cords from MarsAqua LEDs!!!

Think I'm going to scrap my light stand and start over. Idk Any suggestions???

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    90.4 KB · Views: 323
So jealous!! I had one about seven or eight months ago and it did great for two days and then disappeared into a cave for two more days and then just randomly died :/ sometimes things just go wrong w tangs I guess. Hope yours does well!!! I LOVE those fish!!!

Now I'm nervous. He's been swimming the length of the tank and picking the rocks like crazy but I haven't seen him eat yet. Idk I tried algae, mysis and flakes. Tomorrow I will pick up some pellets.

fredro

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
34   0   0
Fredro , how's the t5's? I'm thinking about adding some because Now that I'm going to be building a canopy it could supplement the reef nice and easy. Also, do you have any carpet anemones left?

The T5s lasted about a month and I wound up adding a third Radion Pro and sticking w all LEDs, although I'd love to add one or two T5s to the current setup, to clean up the last of the shaddowing. There's only one pic I've found of supplemented T5s w Radions that weren't in acanopy, that looked okay IMO. The 3 Radion Pros on individual RMS mounts are working for now, but in the future (as soon as I move into a new, bigger place), when I get my upgraded tank, I will be planning a combo of Radions and T5 supplementation.

As far as the MiniMaxi Carpet Nems go, they're still securely affixed to the same rock that came in on and all efforts to SAFELY and gently remove them, was unsuccessful. If and when I am able to isolate any of them, I will gladly let everyone know. I was just too afraid to injure them when forcefully removing them.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    85.3 KB · Views: 314

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: