Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm leaning toward something removable also. Thanks Duromega for the vote of confidence. I have alot more to post, trying to do it sequentially as I photo documented the entire build. As of today, the tank is aquascaped, up and running and I have 2 fish in the tank. I'm transferring all of my fish and corals from my 180 this weekend and finishing the facade. Hopefully, the project is complete by the beginning of next week

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Acrylic Panel Problem

Catwalk.jpg

Sliding down is also problematic as we built a catwalk around the tank. I'm probably just going to have to remove it by hand when needed

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Sorry folks, It's been a while since I posted any updates to my 300 gal build - been crazy busy lately. Instead of the step by step posts like I've done in the past, thought I'd post a link with pics of the completed build. These pics show the front fa?ade, the fish room, and some close-ups of some of the live stock. I really need thank Russ at Saltwater Critters for all of his help, He not only helped with the design from the very beginning during the concept phase, he helped personally with my build and is always there when I need a "consult"! Thanks Russ. I also want to throw a shout out to Tristan at Pax Bellum - the ARID reactor is simply fantastic. The system had been running for about 5 months and I started developing a serious algae problem. I installed the ARID C-30 and within 2 days, I started to see a noticeable reduction in the algae in the display tank - and the Chaeto growth is amazing. Within 2 weeks, the Display was completely clean - and the Chaeto grew to about 10 times it's initial size. I took small handfuls from my refugium and used tem in the armature of the reactor - simply a fantastic design. If anyone is having algae problems, I'm a 100% believer in the ARID. I battled algae in my old 180 and never won - THIS WORKS! I'm confident that my refugium will only be a wide spot in my system - in fact, I'm starting to see algae die-off in the fuge. Anyway - here's a link to what the system looks like today. The reef is still relatively new, but the automation is all working well, water params are all stable and everything looks healthy. Enjoy and Happy Thanksgiving to all you reefers out there!!!

https://goo.gl/photos/UqnVcDf6Xw8K9UK27

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0
Thanks for the kudos John. Your build was not only the most fun build I've done but I learned more about automation from you than all my years in the business.

The tank looks great and it'll only get better as it grows out.

Great job!

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
She refers to herself as a fish widow :) I'm finding as I get things lined out and the automation matures, I'm having to spend less and less time managing the system - guess that was the plan.... We now spend a lot more time in the basement - it seems to never get old looking at the diversity of the livestock. She loves picking out corals now for the system...

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: