Reefiness's 120RR upgrade

reefiness

Active member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Location
Staten Island
looks like new pictures it is.
First pic is an overall from the top.
Second one shows the 3 bulkheads drilled through the stock tank. All drilled on the side away from the wall to make fixing any leaks actually possible.
Third pic shows the sump. This is going to be a pain in the butt to clean out because access sucks but o well. I thought about putting wheels under the sump but the ones that are rated for the weight are 4 inches and I only have about 1.5 inches of wiggle room under the drain pipe.
The last picture shows the inside of the old drain that I plugged up and glued so it doesnt leak. Plus I used a thread sealant that im not 100% sure if reef safe, so I figured it would cover that up too.
 

Attachments

reefiness

Active member
Rating - 100%
215   0   0
Location
Staten Island
Some more updates. I updated my ATO system so it is now integrated directly into my RO unit and also tops off both of my systems from the same common reservoir.

This solenoid was probably the best thing I've ever purchased for my system. I was able to set up 2 additional optical sensors in the 2 empty spots on the naptune ATK and those 2 sensors tell the solenoid to open and close. This way I wont need to worry about TDS creep from small amounts of RO water being made at a time. I have it set up to make about 20-22 gallons of water at a time.

As for plumbing, the line is T-ed off of the output of the RO unit and runs up to the ceiling in the closet, through a 1/4" hole in the wall and runs along the ceiling with adhesive clips so I didnt need to worry about any holes being left. After the T-fitting there is a ball valve which closes off the hose I use to fill my containers for water changes. I also figured it was important to have a way to drain the water and pressure out of the line running along the ceiling so I dont end up with a mess when I need to change the filters.
 

Attachments

Last edited:

Featured Sponsors


Top