C

captainlou

Hi everyone My name is Louis J. Fricano I live in Buffalo NY. I've been in the hobby for about 10 yrs. I started with African Cichlids once i mastered the Cichlids I moved on to saltwater reef. On Oct 12th we have a suprise snow storm which left us with out power for 4 days. We couldn't get a generator any in th e area had to drive 90 mil. to get one. By that time
it was all over couldn't keep up with bailing the sump pump adding warm
water and salt just to much for a 65 yr. old man. So I am starting over
i am looking for some red & green mushrooms if anyone can help.

Thank You......Louis

clamcrazy

king of all clams
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Welcome Capt, sorry to here about your loss. if we lived close by i would give you some frilly shrooms and some zena to get you going again.

Rating - 99.1%
225   2   0
Hi there captain.

How are you going to pick up the mushroom-I can give you couple green hairy mushroom? I am in Brooklyn(New York City), New York currently. We are 8-10 hrs away.

Where, in Buffalo, are you?

That's an early storm! How bad was it? Did the trees fell and cut some power cables or such?

I was locked inside UB for 10 days during a snow storm that the city band us from driving unless emergency. We were down to chicken broth from the vending machine. At the end of the storm, the parking lot looked completely empty because all cars, including trucks, were buried under the snow! There were two most beautiful and unforgettable scenes I saw in Buffalo. The first morning of that snow storm-I see curtains of snow moving across the lawn outside the dorm. The second one is at Niagara Falls where the falling water became standing ice wall. Besides reefing, I also like to hear your stories in Buffalo.

Last edited:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Welcome to MR Cap. People here are great with frags and if you are willing to take the chance with shipping we can ship, on another thread people are shipping zoa and mushroom frags in thermos's.

On a side note Captain Lou Albano is one of my favorite wrestling characters, great name.

Deanos

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
194   0   0
Welcome Capt. Lou! Good luck with the rebuild. I know how life can be in Buffalo, I was there for 4 years... Go Bulls!!

buffalo.jpg

meschaefer

One to Ignore
Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hey Capt., if you PM me an addresss I can try and mail you some shrooms (red ones) the weekend after next.

Shrooms are pretty hardy, and I think that they could survive standard mail service if they were packed up properly.

Matt

C

captainlou

Rating - 100%
30   0   0
Hi everyboy & thank you for all the offers if some of you were living closer i could pick up the rooms maybe we'll try shipping them with a couple of the members. Thanks again

Louis

scarf_ace1981

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
103   0   0
welcome aboard capitan!

sorry to hear about you loss. i also started w/ african cichlids:

155g bowfront- malawi hap
55g- malawi mbuna
55- lake tang
30g- multies colony

MR will get you back on your feet. that's what we are all about,FAMILY.
btw i hope you got that generator...:wink1:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: