Rating - 100%
391   0   0
So little update. Now that the weather is changing. Just picked up the wood for the door panels and borrowed a friends router table. Was going to try to knock out the cabinet doors this weekend but the April showers derailed that.

So in the interim I was able to get the exhaust fan hooked up in my sump room. Ran a 6" exhaust, have it hooked up to the apex and run it 10 min an hour now. I will be getting a Humidistat and will hook it up through there eventually.

Fan works great though. Clears the room pretty quickly, and as a result see my PH creeping up now that I am pulling in more fresh air.

9c8786f6d8f69065357c24d49c954587.jpg

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Made some headway. Got the canopy about done. Got a coat of marine white poly on the interior. Need to sand and one more coat on the inside. Outside need to do some sanding. Finish the trim and mount the doors.
1e65e70ba95d59dbdd6b5970ccd25c48.jpg

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
No I will be staining it I used Red Oak for the exterior., I will keep it a light color but definitely going to stain and urethane it (satin finish). Interior of stand and canopy is Marine Gloss white poly. Interior of stand will have a interior light as well as I am thinking of a swing out panel for the Apex equipment.

I was messing with the Dentil trim today. I love it. Hopefully next weekend I can pull it together so I can start the sanding and finishing.

Last edited:
Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Changed directions a little on the lights. Doing a 6 bulb ATI 60" and 3 hydra 52's. I also picked up 4 fans. Putting 2 vented in the top of the canopy and one on each side.

Sent from my SM-T807V using Tapatalk

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
Thanks lenvo, got a little more done yesterday. Started sanding also. I am going to stain it before I mount the dentil trim molding. I was on the fence with what I was doing for doors, but thanks to craigs list scored a killer router table. I picked up some bits yesterday and will be making the doors also.

Rating - 100%
391   0   0
So got a little more done. Inside of canopy is done
2 coats plus primer of marine grade polyurethane. Got the base dentil molding cut. Hopefully today depending on the rain get the base knocked out.

46449e7840fb045f48b481ec5c15128d.jpg

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: