Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    100.7 KB · Views: 165

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
I'm having a lot of problems posting up pics..
1. I can't post more then one from my iPad
2. It post my pics sideways or upside down
Anything I can do to remedy these problems?

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok I just ordered the cutting board bottom for my tank from: cuttingboardcompany.com measurements are 46 1/4 x 16 1/4.. That's from silicone seam to silicon seam on the inside.. I bought in black and it's at its maximum thickness of 1/2".. I also will be ordering black silicone to secure it to the tank.. Will post pictures when it arrives.. Price was 90.00 with shipping it was 104.00 roughly

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anyone know how to use the generic float switch in the sump with your neptunes apex system? I have 2 but I don't remember how I was gonna utilize it? I know one is going to be used to turn off my skimmer after a certain height.. Any other useful ways to use a float switch?

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Just received my bottom board today and it was cut perfect.. Waiting on my black silicon to seal it up.. Working on my electrical system today and maching everything up for set up..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    86.7 KB · Views: 129

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Quick picture of my water make up station and ATO I will be able to slide out from the back of the tank in case i need to get back there for any reason.. Think it's a pretty great idea

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 131

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Still working on this electrical and trying to figure out this foscam for the sump.. So far I got it mounted and setup.. Now I got to tighten up the electrical cabinet still and mount everything neatly in there.. Lot more work then I thought it would be but good to put it all out there and correct eras that I didn't see.. I originally was going to mount my electrical cabinet to the left of the tank but that's where I will be sliding the water make up and ATO station/stand from.. Which meant I had to unplug the EB8s every time I wanted to move it no good.. Gonna move it to the right and see what problems occur from there and weigh out my best options..

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if it's necessary to plug your radion lights or mp40wes to your neptunes if you have a wxm module communicating with them? The pumps I don't mind bc I have my battery back up and mp40wes are on one power supply.. The radions might be an issue only because where I have the ballast and where the electrical cabinet is at.. I could just buy long extension cords to rememedy the problem but I can also plug it into my wall power supply as well... Any thoughts?

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
No, the Vortechs or the Radion does not need to be plugged into the EB8 if you have a WXM module.

Thats the beauty of having the WXM module. It frees up the EB8 ports for other equipment.

So now you can plug the Vortechs and Radions into a regular power strip. The WMX and use of profiles will control their settings, including turning off as needed.

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I figured out how I going to utilize my breakout box..
1.switch for my cabinet lights to cut on and off when closed
2.float switch on my skimmer lid to turn off my skimmer when it's full or maybe put it on my container
3. Generic horizontal switch to turn on my heater and pump for my make up water and to turn off when it's in the off position.
4.Generic horizontal switch to put in my sump to turn off my skimmer when it reaches a certain water level and to notify me that it went off so I can spy on it with my foscam..

Just a few ideas to jot down and work on..

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Plugged in just getting a baseline.. I got to do a few more tweaks and adjustments and it'll be solid.. Check my Facebook page.. I'm limited to how many pics I can post here..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.8 KB · Views: 107

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Also if anyone can point me in the direction to some solid magnetic mounts ( if that's what they are called) so I can mount and remove my side panels to my stand would be greatly appreciated. I would like to do it for the front as well until I cut out the hole for the doors, put the crown molding and stain.. I don't know how to go about cutting the doors ( never did a good straight cut from the inside of wood or don't know what tool to use) help is always appreciated..

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    67.1 KB · Views: 107

Mr Tony Metoo

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Ok so I sourced some mangnetic locks for the front cabinet doors in the future.. Still looking for a way to securely mount the side cabinets and make them removable when need be..

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: