Kat's Artisan

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
What's your routine? How often do you clean the glass? I'm afraid to put my setosa with the main scape. It grows too fast.
I clean the glass almost everyday. I run a dirty tank, so water changes are whenever, usually every 10 days-2 weeks. I trim all corals as needed, do the Bonsai with them you know. :)

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Cool. Do you dose? I didn't see powerheads - what do you do for water movement?
I mermaid in it once a day. :meow: :thrash:
J/K J/K

I have a gyre on there. It's a beast, slaps everything.
I dose Alk and Calcium 24 hours a day with Apex.
Magnesium sporadically.
Potassium 3 times a week.
Iodine 3 times a week.

I'm not regimental about any of this BTW, it's more like I look at the tank and spot the potassium bottle and go throw some in there. :D

NL146

reef obsessed
Rating - 100%
164   0   0
Lol. Use a selfie stick the next time you dive in. I really like the clean look. My rocks look like I just tossed them in there and it's looks real crowded.

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
This is from November, it's changed from this, mostly that the left side is fuller.

The aquascaping is very important to me. Each piece or grouping to me has to be well thought out. I can't do a pile of rocks. So that also makes corals challenging because I want SO many but there i no place to put them.

If you can remove a rock or two to make a cave or overhang or stick a tonga branch in there, it helps break up the heaped look.

Featured Sponsors