Kat's Artisan

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
metro has don it again ,very nice ,i know you would be lethal with a 400 gallon
:bigeyes2: 400 gallon?! NO THANK YOU!
I know you big tank boys will disagree but the whole reason I'm a small tank girl (used to be nano but this is 50G) is because in this size tank there is the level of control over the architecture.

With a large tank, you need big boulders to both provide ample live rock and the surface area to fill a large tank. And you would need a lot of coral so a lot of placement options are needed.

Unless it is shallow and you have the linear space to make many different structures, a 400G or similar large reef is just difficult to work with to achieve an airy look.

UNLESS YOU ARE MY IDOL: YOUNGIL MOON! OMG
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YyUEuo-KPqA

greengny

Rating - 100%
97   0   0
Auto-Feeder

Beautiful tank Ms. Kat.

How do you keep the fish food from quickly running into the overflow before the fish get to eat it? I've actually put my auto-feeder in the sump over the system return pump and the food shoots out of my 2 returns. Small pieces, but works ok.

Metrokat

High Heeled Reefer
Rating - 100%
129   0   0
Beautiful tank Ms. Kat.

How do you keep the fish food from quickly running into the overflow before the fish get to eat it? I've actually put my auto-feeder in the sump over the system return pump and the food shoots out of my 2 returns. Small pieces, but works ok.
Thank you.

I have the feeder ring from the IM Gourmet defroster on the glass there. I put everything in it from flakes to pellets and cubes. The defroster works good too but I found this works just as well and is less obtrusive to the eye.

Featured Sponsors