Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2016, 08:00 AM
The_Noooob
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (4)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by BioMan View Post
Welcome to MR! Welcome to the hobby!
PS- the only thing I can guarantee you is that you will leave your RO running and forget about it and cause a flood,,everything else is research like you do and trial and error lol
what do you mean by this? i have a 10 gallon jug with RO water that i have connected to the ATO. No problems yet on over flow.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:11 PM
Reefer Ratings: (50 (100%)
Friends: (28)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by the_noooob View Post
one more thing is i dont dose anything in my tank. i do weekly water changes. 5 gallon is the max. i also use RODI water. and about the anem it kinda respects the powerhead lol
Cool, but just keep an eye on it cause its happened to me.

Keep up the good work!
Old 02-25-2016, 12:27 PM
The_Noooob
Send a Private Message
Quote:
Originally Posted by dherrera83 View Post
Cool, but just keep an eye on it cause its happened to me.

Keep up the good work!
thanks bud! yea its been sitting there for about 2 weeks, i think it found its sweet spot
Old 02-25-2016, 12:31 PM
Reefer Ratings: (19 (100%)
Friends: (9)
Send a Private Message
Quote:
what do you mean by this? i have a 10 gallon jug with RO water that i have connected to the ATO. No problems yet on over flow.
you'll see....
Old 02-25-2016, 12:35 PM
The_Noooob
Send a Private Message
Quote:
you'll see....
i am not understanding? ill see what? i mean the purpose of an ATO is so it can do it on its own. btw i have the smart ato and i clean the blue light sensor every week.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:39 PM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
i am not understanding? ill see what? i mean the purpose of an ATO is so it can do it on its own. btw i have the smart ato and i clean the blue light sensor every week.
Its a common thing that happens, at some point or another everybody has fallen asleep, watched a movie, gone out etc and left their RO/Di unit running. Its not the ATO, that thing was a great purchase on your part.
Old 02-25-2016, 12:41 PM
Send a Private Message
I just checked your OP,,I actually don't see a RO/DI unit listed,,how do you get your water?
Old 02-25-2016, 12:54 PM
The_Noooob
Send a Private Message
Quote:
I just checked your OP,,I actually don't see a RO/DI unit listed,,how do you get your water?
RODI, i use my bathroom sink and have an adapter that connects to my sink, i also have a 5 gallon jug i put inside the tub and it fills up. i always make sure i fill my water in the mornings on my days off. (sorry i haven't listed all my equipment yet.)
Old 02-25-2016, 02:12 PM
Send a Private Message
Quote:
RODI, i use my bathroom sink and have an adapter that connects to my sink, i also have a 5 gallon jug i put inside the tub and it fills up. i always make sure i fill my water in the mornings on my days off. (sorry i haven't listed all my equipment yet.)
Cool! Your lucky I see you're in NYC, the land of the best drinking water and lowest TDI readings in the entire state,,your filters should last you a long time.
Old 02-25-2016, 02:21 PM
The_Noooob
Send a Private Message
hahahah, my RODI system will last a while, but to be honest i dont trust the water here lol.