Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Here is a few latest pics. Not the best quality. Haven't learned how to take pics with all this blue light.

A few new additions to the tank

Male & Female anthias ventralis
Blue hippo
Linkia Starfish
Cleaner Shrimp

All fish are doing well except my Yellow watchman Goby. He has a white patch on his skin and lip. Not sure what's going on with him.

65BA8E87-E6D6-4533-A6D1-B00BE4D8339E_zps08yphbgk.jpg

B74FFBC2-D8E1-4169-867C-4985000607F1_zpsmnt6jojp.jpg

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Been busy past few months and haven't had the chance to stock the tank but I have been having trouble keeping SPS. They all keep dying after two weeks and seem to think it might have something to do with the lights but not sure.

I recently added Avast Marine Work reactor to run GFO.

Here are some pics

D0FB8A50-D470-4634-9A48-08F920626884_zpsrgpzgdhk.jpg

6968ECB3-C168-4149-BCFD-97CDBEC967C7_zps0dddjuij.jpg

594706C1-BBC5-48C6-9647-BAFB50A89CA8_zpslpy0uf8s.jpg

Finally my clowns paired and laid eggs !!!

5EAF3C95-B447-45B7-89BA-B8CCC6B86C01_zpssrumkkdk.jpg

oseymour

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
27   0   0
How high are you running your lights? Are you acclimating the SPS to high light? I also see that your in Brooklyn, I would be happy to stop by with my Seneye Par meter so you can measure your par numbers.

I'm close to Kings Highway and East 92nd.

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Nice.
In regards to the sps, what's your po4 at? Your stock seems light and possible the gfo could do harm until you increase your bio load. Was the sps bleaching or was it's polyp loss then necrosis?

Honestly I haven't been testing phosphate since I build this tank. I will order one tonight ! I just figured phosphate would not be such a major factor in sps growth. Regarding bio load I have a blue hippo tang, Yellow tang , Yellow watchman goby and two clown fish which I think is a lot of fish for this tank. Up until now I never heard the term necrosis so I just googled it and its exactly what was happening to the coral

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
How high are you running your lights? Are you acclimating the SPS to high light? I also see that your in Brooklyn, I would be happy to stop by with my Seneye Par meter so you can measure your par numbers.

I'm close to Kings Highway and East 92nd.

I have no more sps left at the momment but I was at the time. I began with 45% and worked my way to 75%. Someone mentioned that maybe the SPS needed more light and should have been jumped to 90%

ecvernon

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
170   0   0
Nice good luck with the new editions. And please turn those Radions down. I have the xr15 also and they are very powerful even though they may not seem that bright.
If you run them at 75% you would have to raise them very high above your tank.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Nice setup with high quality equipments.
Livestock and corals looks great, especially those spawning clownfish.

+1 on turning down the Radions. I have the Gen3 pro 9" from the water line and max it out at 65%.

Sent from my SM-N920P using Tapatalk

Jackooze

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
36   0   0
Nice setup with high quality equipments.
Livestock and corals looks great, especially those spawning clownfish.

+1 on turning down the Radions. I have the Gen3 pro 9" from the water line and max it out at 65%.

Do you use reeflink to adjust the brightness ? Are we talking about the brightness bar percentage or the percentage of the time points when you scroll over them.

oh207

Advanced Reefer
Apex Freak
Rating - 100%
78   0   0
Do you use reeflink to adjust the brightness ? Are we talking about the brightness bar percentage or the percentage of the time points when you scroll over them.
I don't use the Reeflink. I use ESL to program the lights. I'm referring to the overall brightness, the main slider. The individual colors are set at different percentage throughout the day as they ramp up and down. But never passing 65%.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: