loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Aside from the killer skimmer, my basement is all set. Here's a couple of pics of how it's set. My father in law who's here visiting from Illinois built the table the Dialyseas and frag tank are on. With exception of the frag tank, everything is up and running. I cannot comment on the Dialyseas yet since I've only been running it for around 16 hours. I do have some preliminary comments I will make after I speak to Gerry, but for now, lets just say I'm impressed. I still have some cleaning up to do, some more plumbing and better securing of wires for probes. Overall, I'm very happy. Looking forward to putting less time into this and sitting and enjoying it all... (so I can get tired of it and build something else!!!)
chris

Attachments

• basement 002.jpg
    basement 002.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 631
  • basement 006.jpg
    basement 006.jpg
    29.8 KB · Views: 632

SlamaJama

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 99.3%
152   1   0
I was there yesterday to visit melenie and chris with their new son christopher (hes a beautiful baby), and when i went to see the basement workings the dialysys unit was up and running, very impresive.
WTG Chris! sweet set up...best of luck!

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Steven, in short: the Dialyseas is an RO/DI filter as well as a dialysis machine. Tank water is ran through a dialysis membrane which removes nitrate, phosphate, and other bad crap from the tank. When it does that, the water running back in the tank is clean. In the process of dialysis, it makes waste water, which it replaces with new salt water. It does it's own water changes, so I don't have to. I'm currently changing 2.5 gallons per day, which due to the way the system functions (it removes very little salt in the dialysis process), it only uses approximately 1 and a quarter gallons of salt for a 2 and 1/2 gallon water change. It also does auto top-off with RO/DI. I can call it on my phone to find out water parameters. You can hook up additional dosing pumps, so I may be putting the aquamedic doser up for sale. There's more to it, I'm just trying to keep this short.
Again, it's only been going for 24 hours, so I can't back up any of the claims the company has made. Right now, I'm impressed with it, but there are a couple of things I don't like. I'll keep everyone posted.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Here's the water hook up. Dialized and auto fill run directly to the tank. Potable is the water supply for the RO/DI. Influent is where your tank water goes into the machine. Waste, gets hooked to your sewage.

Attachments

• theboy 005.jpg
    theboy 005.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 262

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Here's the salt bucket, behind the RO. You fill it with a heavy concentration of salt and when it measures lower salinity, it doses from this bucket.

Attachments

• theboy 014.jpg
    theboy 014.jpg
    17.9 KB · Views: 257

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
Here are the pre-filters, just like you'd see on any RO/DI filter. Then there are the dosing pumps, which seem to be top quality. In front is the dialysis membrane.

Attachments

• theboy 012.jpg
    theboy 012.jpg
    33.3 KB · Views: 258

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
This is the computer/control panel. I keep it set on the errors page so if something is wrong, rather than saying OK, it will say error. You can set it to other pages.

Attachments

• theboy 004.jpg
    theboy 004.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 258

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
The audible alarm on this thing is very obnoxious. It beeps every time it performs a function. Keep in mind, this thing turns on 48 times a day to dialyze water. That's 48 beeps per day, not to mention when other functions kick in. I have this thing in my basement and the alarm was too much, so I had to shut down the audible alarm. The dosing pumps aren't exactly quiet either, so I don't think I would like having this in my stand where I could hear it.

loismustdie

chicks dig beckett men
Rating - 100%
31   0   0
yeah, Steven... the price tag isn't exactly sexy.
Gerry from Seavisions never tried to talk me out of the purchase, but he was honest in saying that he feels that it may not be worth the price on a "smaller" system considering many hobbyists set up their entire system for about that price. The Dialyseas is good for tanks up to 8000 gallons.
Personally, I want to add more fish to my tank. I feel what our tanks need and are missing is the heavy fish load seen on a reef. I'm going to go for aggressive nutrient additions along with even more aggressive nutrient removal. If this can help me do that and reduce my overall maintenance, then I'm willing to try it.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: