jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
I got a sand sifting goby to help clean the sand, he's doing a great job, the sand is white again, but he is also burying the coral on the sand bed :arg:

I might add a 1" layer of different sand. I used the ESV because that's what I had in the apt at the time.

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
This is a bitter sweet post to write. I have taken down the 120 Reef, it's going to a new home and will become a sea horse paradise in Doms apartment.

Goodbye 120 SPS tank it was great while it lasted. I'll never forget the good times we had :) and all the angst you caused me :( Red bugs, Acro eating flatworms, mysterious deaths of acro colony's and fish disappearing into thin water, what great memories.

I'll never forget all the great parties either, you were always such a ladies tank, all the girls would stare at you :inlove: I think you even allowed some of my dorky fish friends to hook up as they explained the intricacies of how you worked to some tipsy want to be marine biologist co-ed's.

So farewell and good luck in your next life, I'm sure you will be well cared for and appreciated. You will always be my first SPS tank and have a special place in my heart, and bank account.

till the next tank thread...

- J

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
thanks Rich, the tank is still up I'm going to clean it out for Dom, if he's lucky ;)
I might move the storage cabinet over a bit and put a small tank on top of it for now. I was thinking about that old school 15 gallon.

Rating - 97.4%
74   2   0
This is a bitter sweet post to write. I have taken down the 120 Reef, it's going to a new home and will become a sea horse paradise in Doms apartment.

Goodbye 120 SPS tank it was great while it lasted. I'll never forget the good times we had :) and all the angst you caused me :( Red bugs, Acro eating flatworms, mysterious deaths of acro colony's and fish disappearing into thin water, what great memories.

I'll never forget all the great parties either, you were always such a ladies tank, all the girls would stare at you :inlove: I think you even allowed some of my dorky fish friends to hook up as they explained the intricacies of how you worked to some tipsy want to be marine biologist co-ed's.

So farewell and good luck in your next life, I'm sure you will be well cared for and appreciated. You will always be my first SPS tank and have a special place in my heart, and bank account.

- J[/quot
Poetry, pure poetry. My soul is moved. Tissues please.....

masterswimmer

Old School Reefer
Vendor
Rating - 99.6%
448   2   0

- J
Poetry, pure poetry. My soul is moved. Tissues please.....

tsk tsk tsk, poetry was the Jets 'D' holding the Tenn running game to only 45 yds on Sunday. :biggrin:

Jon, your farewell to a most deserving tank was moving. The trials and tribulations you had with it made you an exceptional reefer. You learned and shared your learning with so many others that your 120 was truly a 'community' tank.

This minor step backwards is only temporary, we all know that. Dom is definitely the one to make you proud of where it will now reside. You couldn't have picked a finer home for it.

Best of luck with the new smaller version.......until you reestablish yourself and upsize once again.

R

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: