guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
So I order a Vectra M1 and upon opening the box find it lacks a connection to the standard return line and you have to buy a $10 adapter that needs to be glued to the pump? Not cool. So I snipped threaded end of a spigot, pushed it through the Ecotech connector and ziptied it.

Attachments

• IMG_1040.jpg
    IMG_1040.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 376
  • IMG_1031.jpg
    IMG_1031.jpg
    33.4 KB · Views: 369
  • IMG_1035.jpg
    IMG_1035.jpg
    42 KB · Views: 361
  • IMG_1036.jpg
    IMG_1036.jpg
    34.2 KB · Views: 367
  • IMG_1037.jpg
    IMG_1037.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 373

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
I actually looked at a ruby 36 and one of the aquaboxes but didn't find that much of an advantage to get one. And I don't feel like building another one. It'd also mean I'd have to chuck the Elos sump as I don't have storage space and it likely doesn't have secondary market value. What are the biggest reasons you'd get a new sump? I do softies and lps btw.

Rating - 100%
278   0   0
I actually looked at a ruby 36 and one of the aquaboxes but didn't find that much of an advantage to get one. And I don't feel like building another one. It'd also mean I'd have to chuck the Elos sump as I don't have storage space and it likely doesn't have secondary market value. What are the biggest reasons you'd get a new sump? I do softies and lps btw.

i would say the biggest reason would be the easy to access your equipment when it needs cleaning or servicing. or even the ease of cleaning your sump if you needed to.
i seen someone sell emerald 26 on MR for really cheap

Plus i've tried tanks without a refugium, and ive had algae problems. so im all-in on refugium.

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Top and bottom so far, but won't be keeping this sump. Too much water volume for my nerves. Already had a leak (not fish tank related) that damaged 3 floors below me. Have an Apex from my old tank but am considering a Profilux or the Vertex that should out itself around May.

Attachments

• IMG_1353.jpg
    IMG_1353.jpg
    126.1 KB · Views: 308
  • IMG_1352.jpg
    IMG_1352.jpg
    84.3 KB · Views: 314

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Have the halides, a powermodule, and a vertex illumina led sitting in the corner trying to decide and just went with the Vitrea Orbital led I had on the smaller tank. Plus an e-lite e3 strip. Went with a Bashsea sump. Nice beveled edges. Very well built. I can keep the skimmer chamber at exactly 7.5" and the other 3 chambers wherever I want.

Attachments

• IMG_1550-3.jpg
    IMG_1550-3.jpg
    163.6 KB · Views: 445
  • IMG_1552-3.jpg
    IMG_1552-3.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 385

guarda

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
88   0   0
Starting to fill in. A half dollar size of cyano popped up and some hair algae. I cut down to 8 hours of white, 10 hours of blue. Picked up a Melanarus wrasse that's getting along with everyone. Got some lobos and small chalice frags from RAP. Weekly 10% water changes. No dosing.

Zoas growing at different rates.
Stylo and birdsnest are growing faster than the other sps.
Snipping lots of kenya and gsp.
Someone gave me a softball sized war coral about 2 months ago that was mostly bleached. Happy to say it's come back fully and growing.

Looks like I'm done with livestock.

Yellow tang
Black clown
Some kind of anthias
Melanarus Wrasse
Rainford Goby
Flaming Prawn Goby
Orange Fromia Starfish
Red Fire Shrimp

Attachments

• elos3.jpg
    elos3.jpg
    144.3 KB · Views: 291
Last edited:

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: