STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
So two weeks ago I Ickes up a used reefer 650. It was in PA 3 hrs away. The price was right so took the ride and picked it up. I have a F150 with a 5.5' bed and it BARELY fit and was very heavy but we got it home with no incidents. I paid for a few upgrades that I feel were $ well spent. 3 AI SOL blues. Bubble Magnus 7 skimmer. Chiller. We got it home and just being the two of us once again BARELY and I mean BARELY got it into my basement. This thing is heavy and definitely overbuilt. But it's basically an entire system and very thoughtfully laid out. That was Friday night. Saturday morning I began the cleanup and awaited DAVID from REEFTRENDS. Super professional and on time. Great prices and super knowledgeable. Total class act. We got the tank plumbed and hooked up the Rodi. I finally got it filled and used my Red Sea Pro salt to get it where I wanted to be. I wanted a black sand bed so I used 100 lbs of Hawaii black. Got the pumps running put in my heaters and media block with a bunch of DR Tims and a little live rock. I grabbed a bunch of dry rock from the guy I bought the tank from and last Saturday I did the Muriatic acid thing and they came out nice and clean. I had to wait for my Marco Rock epoxy. It came Thursday and last night I started my scape. It's super strong when dry but it takes a while and is very loose so anything you put together needs to be supported. Today I was up at 0500 to get the last of my scape together so it would be dry when I put it in. Had some errands this morning and my cousin Richie came over to help finish the scape and help me install it. I couldn't have doe any of this without him. He helped with the move and all afternoon today. We got the rock in and installed the hanging kit for my AI SOLS. We had a little trouble with the math to get it centered but it came out perfect. So that's where I'm at. Everything is in and just waiting out the cycle. I'm sure I'm not done with my scape but I'm really happy with where I'm at. I wanted a minimalist thing and it's not quite what I'd say is minimalist but I do like it. (For now). Updates to follow.

Rating - 100%
164   0   0
There is a valve at the back (right corner) that you use to adjust the flow and therefore the water level. I find mine is quietest when the water level in the tank is just below the eurobrace, just lapping under it. Alternatively, on the right side, where the overflow is, there is a window where you can see the water level flowing into the overflow. You want to adjust it so that it's just about 1cm above the lip. That worked for me.

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Pictures.

Pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1126.jpg
    IMG_1126.jpg
    105.7 KB · Views: 289

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Updates

I started a fish cycle a month ago with three tangs (yellow, hippo, lollipop) watched my levels and am happy with how its progressed. I added my clean up crew last week and everything is doing great. So last night I started adding some fish. They came fro. One of my other tanks and a friend of mine who was qt for me. Put in a smallpurple and a medium black tang. A little bullying in the first few hours. The yellow was feeling his oats but that's subsided and everyone seems to be getting along. I have a bunch of clowns in my qt that are going to be a great addition in a few weeks. Sorry for the lousy iPhone pictures

Attachments

• IMG_1281.jpg
    IMG_1281.jpg
    71.2 KB · Views: 267
  • IMG_1282.jpg
    IMG_1282.jpg
    101.2 KB · Views: 283
  • IMG_1283.jpg
    IMG_1283.jpg
    139 KB · Views: 280
  • IMG_1284.jpg
    IMG_1284.jpg
    93.1 KB · Views: 249

STRIPERVIPER

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.8%
161   2   0
Updat

So since my last post I've added a few fish and some hardware. I added my borbonius anthills and purple tang from my work tank. Today is sun the 26th and on fri I added three reactors. Carbon, gfo, and biopellets. (Thank you so much Dave from REEF TRENDS great prices and great knowledge of the product) I got two wrasse pairs for my qt (flame and lineatus from POP CORALS both are beautiful and doing great.) I got an Achilles but he only lasted two days. I think my qt wasn't optimal so it's my fault. I grabbed a blonde Naso today and a beautiful small acanthoplhelia from Anthony at (THE REEF SHOP). My clowns are all happy in the display and th neme my boy chris (CHALAN FROM HERE) hooked me up with my gold Nugget maroon loves (he sims from opposite ends of my tank, to host n each. My levels are very good with no ammonia or nitrites and less than 25 ppm of nitrates. Def in the last stages of my cycle. Thanks to everyone who has helped me with great prices and info.

Attachments

• IMG_0067.jpg
    IMG_0067.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0069.jpg
    IMG_0069.jpg
    103.3 KB · Views: 154
  • IMG_0076.jpg
    IMG_0076.jpg
    102.7 KB · Views: 155
  • IMG_0079.jpg
    IMG_0079.jpg
    65.9 KB · Views: 156
  • IMG_0080.jpg
    IMG_0080.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 153
  • IMG_0082.jpg
    IMG_0082.jpg
    71.9 KB · Views: 152

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: