Rating - 100%
204   0   0
So I've been finding myself laying down on the floor and watching my refugium because all the life there is pretty cool. I then figured why not just have a display refugium to the right of my tank that could potentially have sea horses :) Well wife has finally approved so this is happening people. I would be happy with any suggestions and thoughts based on the drawings I put together this morning. Here is what I'm thinking:

-60 gallon rimless drilled tank
-Connected to my 220 gallon mixed reef tank
-6 inch sand bed, in the back of the tank I will divide the tank with an acrylic glass and bring the sand bed up to 16 inches for the mangroves

Plants - 28 Mangroves, culerpa and open to any additional suggestions

Flow - Low flow going in and out of the refugium

Light - Kessil A380H Light turned on when lights are off to keep PH better balanced

Happy 4th Everyone!

Attachments

• IMG_6102.JPG
    IMG_6102.JPG
    77.7 KB · Views: 629
  • IMG_6083.jpg
    IMG_6083.jpg
    34.7 KB · Views: 618
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Amazing, See one problem is approval from the wife, Idk I am on of those guys who doesn't give a ****, but at the same time, Happy Wife Happy Life, UNLESS She's into it, then you struck gold. But here is what I think, AMAZING IDEA! Find a way to hide the Skimmer with out a clog, and man you should MOST DEF add some Red Algae.

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Amazing, See one problem is approval from the wife, Idk I am on of those guys who doesn't give a ****, but at the same time, Happy Wife Happy Life, UNLESS She's into it, then you struck gold. But here is what I think, AMAZING IDEA! Find a way to hide the Skimmer with out a clog, and man you should MOST DEF add some Red Algae.

You said it right man!! Happy Wife Happy Life for sure! I have spent so much time in automating the maintenance in this tank so that the process is seamless. This was mostly so the wife doesn't see buckets everywhere etc. Yes I'm definitely going to get some Red Algae.

Pics from setting up the stand coming up later today....

Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Stand setup

Stand finally setup and now just waiting on the tank :) spent about 2 days re doing all the wiring behind my tank now that I will not have access to it from the right side. Lots of fun ha!

Attachments

• IMG_6111.JPG
    IMG_6111.JPG
    64.6 KB · Views: 532
  • IMG_6114.JPG
    IMG_6114.JPG
    78.7 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_6116.JPG
    IMG_6116.JPG
    88.3 KB · Views: 539
  • IMG_6118.JPG
    IMG_6118.JPG
    45 KB · Views: 528
Rating - 100%
204   0   0
Hey Guys so the tank is coming in today! I wanted to get some thoughts on the second glass divider that will sit in the back of the tank and bring up the height of the sand bed in the back which I want the Mangrove roots to get into.

Sand bed will be around 6/7 inches so what are your thoughts on the height of the second level? I was considering 18 inches? Is that too much?

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: