Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Photo Gallery Chat Reef Database Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-02-2018, 09:29 AM
Reefer Ratings: (42 (100%)
Friends: (15)
evoIX_Reefer is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
^I honestly knew that I had a lot to buy and BRS reviews have in a majority cases been a top notch online retailer. I never bought anything of a decent amount of $$ from them but prior cases were smooth as well.

I'd buy smaller items from them but would never recommend purchasing from them in bulk/big priced items again.

Live and learn.

Unfortunately, I would take reef trends or premium aquatics offers up quickly but it will take just as long to get my refund and purchase the tank then to just leave the order alone.

I'll be waiting about 3 weeks if I am lucky to receive my tank. If it was a custom tank, I'd be more than willing to wait. I assume this tank is well in stock at Red Sea and no reason for it to take this long unless they dropped the ball.

In this case, it was BRS not once, but twice causing the shipment to be way beyond delayed.
Old 02-02-2018, 06:45 PM
GOT FRAGS??
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
Friends: (0)
NYReefer is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
evo I just purchased the 350 as well from salt water aquarium dot com sat the 27th its scheduled for delivery this monday. they have it stocked in their warehouse don't have to deal with red sea drop ship. I also ordered some items on wed at about 2:47 and they shipped at 3:08 that day. would have been delivered today but signature was required had to have them hold it. used them in past no issues. I have had issues with brs in past missing items, very frustrating.

I've heard good things about reef trends and premium aquatics too I didn't know they had a sale going oh well...hope you get your tank soon I can't wait to get mine going!
Old 02-02-2018, 07:36 PM
www.reeftrends.com
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Reef Trends is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
The thing with ordering online is they must adhere to MAP pricing on Red Sea tanks. We are able to offer some better deals However there is the convenience of having it shipped but we do offer delivery and even setup.

Reef Trends
Aquarium Solution Services
707-666-FISH
Old 02-05-2018, 03:46 PM
FINALLY! shipping info is in. Drop off initially scheduled for this Friday! We shall see but it is on its way!
Old 02-12-2018, 09:06 PM
Delivery has been set for tomorrow!

My QT tank is up and running as of 2/11/2018. 20L

I'll run QT for the next few months while I am introducing new live stock then switch over to a frag tank setup (different tank).
Old 02-13-2018, 03:41 PM
EXCITED!!! DELIVERY HAS BEEN MADE.

Before setting up I have a few things I need to double check.

The location where my tank is going is parallel to floor joist but against an exterior wall (garage). Unfortunately going perpendicular to the space available is not an option.

SO NOT IDEAL AT ALL. But hopefully it will work.

It will be going over 2 joists (2x8) (all joists are sister braced) in the CENTER of the joist at the middle.

A room below it so I can't just add something to brace it further. If I see any stress at the drywall ceiling, I will remove the weight a.s.a.p and then make three options that really work better but A LOT MORE WORK than expected.

1) plumb sump into garage (not very well insulated and will have to build everything and go with an oversized chiller to keep temps in check while insulating around the tank and pipes.

2) plumb to the basement

3) move it to the basement (rather sell until I get a better option) or extending the house/Garage to make a fish room.
Old 02-13-2018, 03:43 PM
Next issue:

It looks like the red sea reefer stand has "feet" making it contact points vs distributed load.

It probably effects me BIG time with the information above about being over 2 joists.

I know my floors aren't 100% level as well so I also have to shim the stand.

This sounds like a nightmare. I went with the 350model (93gal total) over the 450 model or SCA 100gal tank because I wanted to lighten the load knowing the above. Giving me some leeway.

Can someone say "I'll be fine and paranoid!"

Thanks for any comfort!
Old 02-13-2018, 06:09 PM
www.reeftrends.com
Vendor: Vendor - Issue reason:  
Reefer Ratings: (33 (100%)
Reef Trends is online now View My Gallery Send a Private Message
Dont think you will have any weight issues.

Sent from my LG-H910 using Tapatalk

Reef Trends
Aquarium Solution Services
707-666-FISH
Old 02-13-2018, 07:04 PM
Well i hope your right. Thank you for saying it tho!!
Old 02-14-2018, 05:59 PM
GOT FRAGS??
Reefer Ratings: (6 (100%)
NYReefer is offline View My Gallery Send a Private Message
I wish i could tell you you'll be fine but I can't speak of the load capacity of the joists. I was considering taking the feet off but i think i am going to leave them on. Tank is on tile on concrete slab I was worried about cracking the tiles but i think (hope) it will be fine. Someone didnt do a good job laying the tile and the tank has to be shimmed in the back about qtr inch, should be fun. I read on r2r someone called red sea and they were informed to shim under the feet and not up to the wood but ive seen mixed opinions on this. Going to fill the tank and give it a whirl this weekend. What do you think of the quality of the RSR thus far? I am happy with it.