Manhattan Reefs

Welcome to Manhattan Reefs, the premier website for coral reef aquarium owners in the New York City area.

You are not currently logged in to our site so you may not be able to access all of the wonderful content and features that we offer. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact support.

User Name
Password
   Home Forums Market Chat Stores Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read About MR

Share LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-12-2019, 08:29 AM
Reefer Ratings: (55 (100%)
Friends: (15)
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Hello reefers happy Tuesday, build has been progressing slowly, a lot is happening behind the scenes, my friend built me cabinet to mount equipment, I will be able to hide power supplies and wires and mount my drivers neatly on the door and brackets for power bricks and drivers are in already and, I painted the cabinet and installed cooling fans that will help push the heat out of the cabinet to cool down the power bricks, I worked on building the manifold to connect my reactors and protein skimmer and other items that will run on 1 pump. I am using 1" threaded gate valves, I have 6 gate vales that will be mounted, I have will be left with couple of the ones that will be free that can be used to run anything that may decide to add in near future, here are the pictures of the cabinet and manifold.. more pictures to come as I make progress ....
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-18-2019, 11:52 AM
Send a Private Message
Long Island installed mp60's and gyre

hello reefers Happy Monday, It was busy Sunday for me and I made great progress installing brackets for drivers and brackets for power supplies that I ordered from vender on ebay, finish works takes a lot of time but I am happy with the outcome, I need to make extension cables for gyre and jebao pp15 pumps, once I am done then I will be able to start working on filling the tank with RO water, here are some of the pictures the progress...
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-19-2019, 12:47 PM
Reefer Ratings: (4 (100%)
Friends: (0)
Send a Private Message
awesome!!!!!!!
Old 02-19-2019, 05:50 PM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Nice and neat....love it !!!
Old 02-19-2019, 06:19 PM
Send a Private Message
thank you, I am spending more time now and it will make my life easier later...
Old 02-20-2019, 04:32 PM
Send a Private Message
Long Island

Hello Reefers, as shown in the pictures above that I have already installed MP60's and my Gyre XF280 across from MP60 and since am running the wires in J channels which are mounted on the wall to make it neat and clean, Mp60 wires are short and not reaching the drivers, So I decided to make extension cables for MP60's, I was able to reach out fellow reefer on RC and he gave me the list of part numbers there are total 6 parts required for this project, 1. Molex mini fit jr Male, 2. Molex mini fit jr Female, 10 pin Molex Male connector, 10 pin Molex Female Connector, 10 conductor 22 AWG wire and Molex crimping tool, I was able to find all the parts from Digi Key and they are cheap, I bought enough wire roll and connectors and mini fit jr pins enough for my project and I make 4 8 foot extension cables, Process is easy, female pins go in male molex connector and each color of the wire should end up on same pin on both ends of the connectors and you will have your self extension cables, it took me 1 hr to put all 4 extension cables, here are some of the pictures of the part numbers and crimping pictures which is the hardest part but once you crimp 1 or 2 pints you will get more efficient.. here are the pictures....
Attached Thumbnails

Last edited by ravi197699; 02-20-2019 at 04:38 PM..
Old 02-25-2019, 11:28 AM
Send a Private Message
Hello Happy Monday, I made some progress with diy extension cables for gyres and tucking away the cables out of sight in J channels, connected Vectra L1 and connected all MP 60 pumps, I was able to mount ACP Power back up unit, this thing is heavy and took little effort to lift to put it on shelf.
Attached Thumbnails

Old 02-27-2019, 01:35 AM
Professional Commuter
Reefer Ratings: (47 (100%)
Friends: (32)
Send a Private Message
So Ravi,
Any idea what this magnificent build is going to cost you when you are up and running?

https://www.manhattanreefs.com/forum/...ured-tank.html
Old 02-27-2019, 11:08 AM
Reefer Ratings: (10 (100%)
Friends: (2)
Send a Private Message
Warren....do you mean electricity costs to run the system OR total cost for all equipment in the build?
Old 02-27-2019, 11:21 AM
Send a Private Message
not sure about the cost but it is not cheap for sure, Sunroom was built for this tank and that set me back 25k, stand by generator 10k, tank 15k no to mention cost of stand, rack pumps etc it is not cheap hobby for sure