vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
That's crazy.......and they don't bleach out by the next day?

They still nice color, extend the only one polyp lol.
I take the pics. a way from lights, soon i trow back in the tank , looks nice color.
To me , the only ans. is the beauty M.H. light ,:biggrin:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
How long does it take 1 of those 1/4 frags to encrust a plug. I got a few frags from tusi also a while back that have gotten really big. It?s pretty cool to see

I don't try to confuse you, but there are few thinks involved:

#1 Dip, most , include my self , dip longer then must be, some frags wont feel nothing , some stay frag for ever.

#2 Some SPS grow fast, some NOT.

#3 Depend of Light.

#4 Depend of water flow, more flow more and wider encrust .

#5 Low NO3 and low PO4 grow faster, more NO3 ( 4-5 ppm) PO4 ( 0.02 to 0.05)
nicer color.

#5 1/2 Good Salt , low Alk. 7-8 dKH.

# 6 Never , ever i bleach or kill frags from Tusi .:teeth:

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
How long does it take 1 of those 1/4 frags to encrust a plug. I got a few frags from tusi also a while back that have gotten really big. It?s pretty cool to see

3/32 "guy" wont make it
1/8 " "guy" same
1/4" "guy" running well.
i Got one more 1/8" still good.

One more think may be ....i locate very low in my tank ( NO more glue, i order more)
But NOT necessary , very, very small frags ( Chips) very rare make it. 5/16 up , never problem.

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
That Acropora abrotanoides , i try hard to got one, i have now 3 from 3/8 nub ( 3"or more encrusted)
Hard to grow , most ppl. ask " Why in the world they sale it , nobody can grow" i give a try.

Attachments

• 5b5_41.jpg
    5b5_41.jpg
    86.2 KB · Views: 200

editour2

Rating - 100%
34   0   0
I don't try to confuse you, but there are few thinks involved:

#1 Dip, most , include my self , dip longer then must be, some frags wont feel nothing , some stay frag for ever.

Dip? Can you elaborate? Do you mean dipping coral in Coral RX or some Bayer solution? OR are you talking about something else?
thanks
P.S. Can you post some full tank shots?

vio

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 98.9%
271   3   0
Dip? Can you elaborate? Do you mean dipping coral in Coral RX or some Bayer solution? OR are you talking about something else?
thanks
P.S. Can you post some full tank shots?

Yes , i try both dips, Tusi ( Joe) have the credit, we talk about some Frags , some grow like crazy after dip, even the dip extend the polyps , some don't , stay frags for ever, wont grow , no color, stay brown but wont die , for years, i try all the time to relocate ( more light or less, more water flow or less) most ppl. like me over dose the dip or extend the time , in stand of 10 min. ( whatever they say one the bottle ) i keep longer , i dose more dip then need, that no good, i buy frags , full of , worms , red bugs , dino , etc. i cut just the 1/2 of the body up or tip, trow out the body and plug , but i will never do again, i stop buying. i frag from my " garden". Some corals relay suffer during the dip , some are just fine, i refer to SPS.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: