Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
I hope you will be posting some more pics. Maybe some history pics etc. It would be nice for some of the younger guys to see how things used to be done and that those methods still work fine provided they are used properly

These are the oldest pictures I have of my tank. :type: I think that first picture was when it was in a 40 gallon. From my hair I would say that picture was taken about 1972 or so. That coral is dead skeletons like all salt tanks were then. The other pictures are maybe from the eightees. See the nice algae bloom? Beautiful isn't it. It disapeared like it always will with no help from me. I am never embarassed by my algae. I think of algae as a friend that needs some disipline. If you have no algae in your tank, it may not be as healthy as you think it is.:Hydrogen:
Have a great day.
Paul

That picture of the blue devil on the left, he is guarding the eggs. The pair would lay eggs every few weeks and I would try to raise the fry. Never got them too large but we were limited then with food options.
See that picture of me? I haven't changed at all in over three decades. Especially my hair which I now have in a Pink Mohawk

Attachments

• Old tank and me.jpg
    Old tank and me.jpg
    30.5 KB · Views: 248
  • Historic 4.jpg
    Historic 4.jpg
    25.2 KB · Views: 251
  • Old tank pictures.jpg
    Old tank pictures.jpg
    51.7 KB · Views: 250
Last edited:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Hi guys, sorry for this depressing post. Monday morning my Mother was taken to the hospital in a semi comatose condition. She is 96 and has never been sick, doesen't even take an aspirin or wear glasses. The doctors gave her about an hour to live. So far she is still here and awake. I really hope she goes soon because besides being 96, she has dementia so there is no great quality of life. Me and my brother has to stay with her 24/7 to keep her from pulling out the IV's and oxygen. I just finished my shift and will be going back soon.
There were three wierd occurances yesterday. I was driving past the hospital when I got the call that she was going there. I work in Manhattan and this one day in 35 years I had to work in Long Island and I had to pass the hospital.
Then in the ER I heard someone call my name and in the next bed was the guy who ownd the pet store where I buy most of my stuff. He had chest pains.
The third strange thing is when the ER doctor came in and introduced himself, he has the same last name as my Mother's maiden name.
Got to go back now.
Paul

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Hey Paul! Hope your mom is okay and that everything works out for her and your family. I don't know if you remeber coming over to my basement in Whitestone to pick up the Diatom filter about 5 or 6 years ago. Great to see you here!!

PalmTree

Rating - 100%
23   0   0
Small world right Paul? :grouphug: Great seeing you here and again I hope everything works out with your mom. Feel free to drop me a PM. It would be great to catch up.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: