P

Pedro

Ahh, i knew something just looked too familiar. I didn't see the bottles here, but that is kick ass.

How does the RUGF work for you?

Maybe i can go check out the tank one day and take some pics :)

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
41   0   0
Ha Ha, i must be blind as a bat, how could i have missed it. They are right there. I was looking for a big green one, unless that was someone else's :banghead:

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Deelucky, I was here when it started, now I feel old :sick: .
I like the bottles but I like the rock better. Anyone can collect bottles. I like to build rock out of PVC and cement. Many of my rocks are built this way and some of them are really hard to tell which I collected and which I made.
Here is a three foot piece. One picture is the finished product and you can see it behind the moorish Idol.
The rocks are porous to allow for better anerobic bacteria growth.
As for the RUGF I feel it is the only way to go and I will always have one. It lasted three decades and I only took it out once to see what was under there. It went 27 years between cleanings.:smokin:
Take care.
Paul

Attachments

• PVC rock.jpg
    PVC rock.jpg
    42.4 KB · Views: 274
  • Long PVC rock.jpg
    Long PVC rock.jpg
    56.7 KB · Views: 275
  • Copy of DSC00919.jpg
    Copy of DSC00919.jpg
    48.6 KB · Views: 277
D

DEEPWATER

Rating - 99.1%
112   1   0
Yes i have to agree with Mike ,,you break all the rule and looks amazing ,

The bottles and cans are priceless ;)

ROnen

cb747

How many is too many?
Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Having seen Pauls tank on several occasions i can say it definitely breaks the rules but it works very well. I have a small bottle Paul gave me in my tank. :) His tank is one of the most amazing tanks i have ever seen. :)

On a different note Paul why didnt you tell me you were going away again. I would have been on standby like last time.

P

Pedro

Rating - 100%
38   0   0
Now it all ties in together. You are indeed the guy i saw in RC and there goes the green bottle i was looking for. I was fascinated then, and i still am now. I love it!

Paul B

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 100%
28   0   0
Reefman actually about 26 years ago the glass was changed. I used to have a 40 gallon tank which was considered fairly large then, all of the stuff in the forty was transfered to the 100. That tank also had a RUGF. The tank before the forty was a stainless steel framed tank and before that it was in one of those black iron framed tanks.
Cb747 baby sat my tank in case of an emergency the last time I went to Sicily a couple of months ago. At that time I had my Mother en law feed the tank and she had Chris's phone number (Cb747) All went well and he diden't have to come over. He is also being very kind, his reef looks much better than mine does. He has a real reef, mine is more like a garbage dump biotype.:Thinking: As I said I do a lot of experiments and many times the tank is in turmoil and does not look real nice. Like it does now. Most of the rock is in a garbage pail. When the power and heat went off the fish lived but the corals shrunk. That gorgonian on the bottle is only half the size because of the algae that covered it, the bubble coral which is about 10 years old shrunk by half. I am working on something with the moorish Idol so the corals will have to wait. If he dies or grows back all of his fins the experiment will be over and I will concentrate on something else.:scratch: I also want to replace some of my rock with homemade rock I took out a long time ago. I like the look better and I like to re aquascape every couple of years just for a different look.
Chris we only went to Montauk for the weekend. If I knew the power was off I could have came home. The next time I go away I will give you a call, I bought a new generator last week to replace my very noisy one. Now when the power goes off you won't hear it from your house.
Here is a picture of a chain thats in there. It is actually plexiglass. When I get bored I get carried away, I must have been really bored when I thought of that Bud can:givebeer: But I like it.
Take care and have a great day.
Paul

Attachments

• Chain.jpg
    Chain.jpg
    87 KB · Views: 220
  • Reef 2007 007.jpg
    Reef 2007 007.jpg
    77.9 KB · Views: 221

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: