Status
Not open for further replies.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
First I may say that my pod mod is far from original, I pretty much stole every idea I could from TimberTDI (steve) and Nano reefs.

Here are the basics:
24g aquapod
150w sunpod
RK2 w-ph probe
2 MJ1200's
1 Hydor-flo
1 Y loc-line
1 Remora PS

Here are the mods:
Gutted the stock pump took out the sponges and bioballs and ceramic tubes for "BIO filtration" Stuff.

In the return camber I drilled a 5/8 inch hole and put a pvc elbow I got from the hardware store and a barbed tube to attach the return line. I then put the hydor on the other stock hole and hooked the 2 mj1200's to the return holes and let em rip *Note I had to use the venturi attachment to get the MJ1200 to properly fit into the hose with a snug fit.

The other nite I took half of my LR to House to help seed his new tank.

Yesterday I tore down the old 55 g tank and placed all of the livestock in the 10g hospital tank I have. I transferred some live sand to the new pod along with a bag of live sand I bought at the LFS.

I have had lots of luck with upgrades and using the LS little or no loss in the last 2 switches.

I transfered the LR to the tank and filled the tank slowly with water by filling the back chambers first and letting it seep into the front display via the overflow/intake slots.

After filling the tank to the top with 10 gals of new water and about 10 gals of old water I started the pumps circulating, I transferred the heater to the return chamber along with the PH probe and temp sensor to the RK2. I quickly switched them to the intake chamber and installed the Remora into the intake chamber as well. after making sure this was ok I filled the rest of the intake chamber with LR rubble and threw in some cheato. I am buying a clamp on light to make this a fuge today. Tank has been running all nite and transfer of the livestock to the new tank from the hosp tank will happen later this evening.

I know pics are in order will post them later or tomorrow. I am still debating on taking out the hydor and putting another locline Y in the tank instead.

*** Just a note, I don't quite like the pedestal stand that they sell for this unit so I may either build an stand or buy a nice strong piece of furniture as a stand for this tank but that is in the planning stages.

Keep in mind that this is just the beginning :) If I move and set up a bigger tank this will be turned into an angler fish tank and the big tank will be a reef.

scunfcu

Reefer
Rating - 100%
142   0   0
Sweet, I just ordered Aquapod 24g with 150 HQI and Remora PS and will be using the MJ 1200 also. Can't wait. Found this combine to work for a number of reefers.

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
This is mod intimidation :irked:

Here are your pics.

IMG_5228.JPG

Tank and sunpod before modification. (Boxes as well)

IMG_5230.JPG

Another of the tank, better angle.

IMG_5232.JPG

Elbow and barbed tube

IMG_5241.JPG

More plumbung Loc Line Y and stock elbow

IMG_5237.JPG

5/8 bit and the drill

IMG_5239.JPG

Last look before it gets drilled.

IMG_5231.JPG

5/8 hole!!

IMG_5242.JPG

Stocked tank Tank!!!! Yes that's a FTS!

Last edited:

jhale

ReefsMagazine!
Rating - 100%
52   0   0
nice hole chief! :D

I like the tank, looks like you can use some more zoa's :)

I see what you mean about the stand, but moving the tank will be a pain :arg:

Chiefmcfuz

Old School Reefer
Rating - 100%
47   0   0
Transfer of all livestock is 100% complete :biggrin:

Rock/Frank I like the 150 alot, my old light was a 150 too.

Jon the tank is actually easy to move I would just have to rescape that's the hard part but it's small so there is little to worry about I guess, I may have to switch to something a little sturdier with my son, Bruiticus.

:irked: Kris remember it did take you a year to put water in it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: