A

Anonymous

Does it feel you've got two overly-eager dogs waiting to be fed and getting under your feet? :lol:

A

Anonymous

Looking nice Tracy. My oldest daughter ask when we are setting up another reef tank last night. I guess she got the bug again too.

A

Anonymous

Here's a few quick pictures 'cause Tom goes through withdrawal if not regularly fed eye candy :P :wink:

Still trying to master the camera and the editing program, I wish I had more time to play with taking tank pictures.

Attachments

• 09 23 09 left side.jpg
    09 23 09 left side.jpg
    124.8 KB · Views: 590
  • 09 23 09 fts.jpg
    09 23 09 fts.jpg
    157.2 KB · Views: 603
A

Anonymous

Looking great! I love the way you've grouped/placed the corals, including the ric slope on the left. It's going to look fabulous when it's all filled out. 8)

A

Anonymous

Very nice! Great job arranging everything to look natural. That's tough to do with a new tank. 8)

Is that the 10K bulb that comes with the fixture?

Microcosmos

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
That is beautiful! Sure looks like a lot of work too! Where were you keeping all of the corals until your tank showed up, or did you buy them all new when you got the tank (except for the ones that you got from JH)? And do you plan on adding any little fishes?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Microcosmos":27b8epdm said:
That is beautiful! Sure looks like a lot of work too! Where were you keeping all of the corals until your tank showed up, or did you buy them all new when you got the tank (except for the ones that you got from JH)? And do you plan on adding any little fishes?

Thanks, that tank was an upgrade from the one in this thread:

topic121422.html

I have added coral since, and there is a still the splendid dottyback in the tank, the watchman died earlier this month. I'm planning a total aquascape redo, so watch this space ;)

Microcosmos

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Wow, so it was a lot of work! Thanks for the link to your older thread, very instructive! Sorry to hear about the little watchman goby, glad to hear your dottyback is still alive and kicking (well, as much as a fish can kick, anyway ;) )!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Okay my friends, I ordered the last of the equipment I want for the redo. Watch this space in the next few weeks :)

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Takes up position in comfy seat with cup of tea and plate of biscuits. :)

Microcosmos

Experienced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Taking a peek! The tank specs forum doesn't see much action, so no real need to bump the thread, but just wanted to let you know that you've got fans lined up to see what you're doin'!

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
...ooh. Nice Solana. I was really, really thinking of doing one of those myself but I think I've talked myself into an Elos Mini. Won't stop me from hitting you with solana questions, though :D

How're you liking the tank? Do you use the glass clip-on lid, or leave it off all the time? What's the evaporation rate like? Still using the stock skimmer, or didja switch it out for something else? How's the stand, sturdy?

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
cjdevito":2sge7yvx said:
...ooh. Nice Solana. I was really, really thinking of doing one of those myself but I think I've talked myself into an Elos Mini. Won't stop me from hitting you with solana questions, though :D

How're you liking the tank? Do you use the glass clip-on lid, or leave it off all the time? What's the evaporation rate like? Still using the stock skimmer, or didja switch it out for something else? How's the stand, sturdy?

I like it, but of course wish I'd gone bigger. I never use the glass lids, and it evaporates almost a gallon a day in winter. I had to put an ATO system. The stand is nice, very easy to put together. I like the pendant light hanger it's sturdy too. The skimmer is okay, it took a solid month to break in though. I put chaeto and the mini LEDs in the back so that works well :D. I added 2 nanostreams for more circulation because the stock flow from the main pump is craptastic.

A

Anonymous

Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Thanks T. It's a close decision for me, so jeebus knows I might change my mind again :)

Ben1

Advanced Reefer
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Looks good. I'm keeping my eye out for the re-scaping. I redid my aqua-scape a month ago or so and ended up losing a couple SPS colony's to RTN right after I did it. Its been a bit now and everything os back in order though.

Sponsor Reefs

We're a FREE website, and we exist because of hobbyists like YOU who help us run this community.

Click here to sponsor $10: